Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:21 PM   #1

OK, so here I go...

I want to purchase a new Sony camera. I have a P120 at the moment and to be honest, its ok. I have around £150 to spend on a new camera and the T70 or the W200 fall within my price range.

Looking at the features, there doesnt seem to be much between the two cameras. I was hoping that I could get some real advice from people that have used either of these models.

Personally, I like the look of the T70 but I want good quality photos and see this particular model as more of a style camera. The reviews that I have read online dont really tell me much so I have come here to the experts.

Thanks in advance. J.

P.S. In the UK, the T70 is slightly cheaper than the w200 but its on offer at the moment and around the same price with a 40% discount.

ricemonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2008, 1:55 PM   #2
TC3

Not much help but i was set on the W200 until i heard about the W170 which will be out soon. It is avaliable for pre order for 190 and this can only get cheaper once out. Just a thought.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 4:29 PM   #3

This is ture, however the w200 is £164 at the moment and it acutally looks a better spec camera than the W170.

Perhaps I am missing something here? Thanks for the input though, I am guessing that you suggest the W range over the T range?

J
Old Mar 1, 2008, 4:44 PM   #4
TC3

I personally just waiting for the W170 as i want a 28mm wide end. The W200 does has a bigger sensor but for my needs i want a 28mm lens.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 4:53 PM   #5

OK TC3, I was just looking for some input into the two models; W200 & T70. Thanks for your input.

Still confused though! I am not any further forward on my choice. Deep down I think that the W200 will take better pictures over the T70 so I will probably go for that. The T70 does look better though.....arrrrgh!

J