Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 27, 2008, 5:58 PM   #11

Nick,

I love the Robin and the nest with eggs. Good to see you back here again. :-)

Mercury
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 8:29 PM   #12

Hi All Nice to see you back again Nick. Enjoyed your photos it does prove a point the H9 is a good camera and not costing a fortune either. compared to Dslrs i have put a few photos on the web if you care to comment you may have seen some before

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks Gary

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
foxcub6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:47 AM   #13

Foxclub6,

The night pictures are my favorites along with the colors of the water in the beach and boat shots. Lovely pictures!

Mercury
Mercurycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:43 PM   #14

Thanks for your comments. Yes the H9 is a versatile camera and for the money i think hard to beat. I am swithering if i can justify a A350 DSLR later in the year i dont know? cant be botherered carring around all the lens gear. I do a bit of video camera recording to . Something for me to think about
foxcub6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:22 PM   #15

Hi All,

Just to thank you for kind 'your'e back' comments.

Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 9:13 PM   #16

forester wrote:
Quote:
I'm looking at buying a superzoom, but just can't decide. I'm hoping that the Sony may be the one.

My preference at the moment is the Canon S5IS, but a lot of reviewers are a bit indifferent to it, good as it is. It is also nearly a year old. I had a good look at one the other day and it seemed very good-zooming was excellent, it felt good and the external controls were a bonus. But the LCD screen was a bit small, and I guess overall I was a bit unconvinced. Maybe if it was a bit cheaper?

Forester, I had the Canon s5is for the last 6 months and sold it to get the Sony H50.

I have my take on this camera with photos in these two posts:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=28

My other review: (under jack54)

http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...7_6446crx.aspx

I'm going on 3 weeks with this camera and really, really like it and I've owned many digital cameras since my first one back in 1996.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 2:24 AM   #17

I just read a few reviews of the H50, and it comes across as a very competent camera.

The only drawback for me seems to be that the user interfaces and some of the controls are not that easy to use (at least 2 reviewers said this) and my camera must be easy to use in all aspects. Will wait for the S6IS to be announced and see what that looks like.
forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 1:56 PM   #18

forester wrote:
Quote:
I just read a few reviews of the H50, and it comes across as a very competent camera.

The only drawback for me seems to be that the user interfaces and some of the controls are not that easy to use (at least 2 reviewers said this) and my camera must be easy to use in all aspects. Will wait for the S6IS to be announced and see what that looks like.
REALLY!? If it has to be that easy for you, then the Canon will be too much for you too. I've owned both, so I know. Sounds like you need a simpler point and shoot.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:08 AM   #19

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
forester wrote:
Quote:

REALLY!? If it has to be that easy for you, then the Canon will be too much for you too. I've owned both, so I know. Sounds like you need a simpler point and shoot.
Well that is exactly what I'm looking for, but it seems that i have to go to higher spec models to get what I would like. The camera also has to be suitable for others to use, and that is where the simplicity comes in.

I have read countless reviews on P&S cameras but they all seems to have failings, such as low optical zoom, poor video, small buttons, poor LCd screen, too small to hold comfortably and so on.

I also want the flip LCD screen, as on my present Canon. So that is why the S5 is the best bet so far, and why I'm keen to se what the S6 offers.

The Pnan TZ5 looked promising, but has small buttons and my present A610 is easier to use in that respect.

I have to use the online reviews a lot so I'm guided by what they say. Ultimately i have to then try it myself, but the reviews can help me weed out the ones that won't suit me.
forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 3:07 PM   #20

forester wrote:
Quote:
jack55 wrote:
Quote:
forester wrote:
Quote:

Well that is exactly what I'm looking for, but it seems that i have to go to higher spec models to get what I would like. The camera also has to be suitable for others to use, and that is where the simplicity comes in.

I have read countless reviews on P&S cameras but they all seems to have failings, such as low optical zoom, poor video, small buttons, poor LCd screen, too small to hold comfortably and so on.

I also want the flip LCD screen, as on my present Canon. So that is why the S5 is the best bet so far, and why I'm keen to se what the S6 offers.

The Pnan TZ5 looked promising, but has small buttons and my present A610 is easier to use in that respect.

I have to use the online reviews a lot so I'm guided by what they say. Ultimately i have to then try it myself, but the reviews can help me weed out the ones that won't suit me.
Well, let me tell you, Sony's H50's auto mode is about as simple as it gets!
The flipout LCD works great, crystal clear and large to boot.

Maybe my mini review with actual photos will help you some:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=28