Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 18, 2008, 7:56 PM   #1

Hi,

Does anyone have any example movies from the DSC-H3 ?? or know where any are?

I am thinking about buying one, but would really like a camera with a good movie mode. Also thinking about buying the Sanyo Xacti CG65

many thanks
IneedAnewCamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2008, 8:47 PM   #2

Ineed-

Without a single doubt the Canon S-3 and the Canon S-5 have the best video clip modes.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 5:21 AM   #3

Thanks Sarah,

those 2 Canon's look good, but I really should have said I am looking for something really small as well, with a good zoom.

I really like the look of the CG65 and may just sacrifice image quality for the sake of good movie and compact design

thanks
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:53 AM   #4

If movies are your top priority, then get a video camera instead of a still picture camera. Most video cameras these days allow you to take pictures as well and even though they are a bit bigger than some of those compact picture cameras, they have more video features and resources. As Sarah suggested, the Canos S3/S5 have great movie capabilities(although I don't care for the Canon brand).
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:11 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies guys, I ended up buying a Panasonic TZ3 as video mode was'nt the priority but a nice to have feature. The video mode is very good although the compression is a bit pants(no mp4).
Got the camera Saturday morning and it does seem very good, although I had to take some macro shots and ended up using my 9year old Minolta with a manual focus, maybe I just need to figure out how to take the best macro shots.

It is a shame no one makes a compact with a 10x zoom and the new mp4 video compression yet ....that lets you zoom in movie mode with full sound..... one day it might be a reality :-)