Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:51 PM   #111

Jack-

I am sorry to say that NCL only allows me and my husband. We would love to have you on board, but I am very sorry to say that it must be as a paying passenger.

Yes, I will be honest with you. We only have 5 days between the Royal Princess contract that we depart for on Saturday, 23 August and the Island Princess Contract which will begin in LAX on 25 September so the scheduling is rather tight. We will be on the Island Princess until 30 November, and then we are home in December.

It will be probably then that I will order another Sony H-50 Camera to enjoy the Holidays with. You know, lots of shots of the grand children over the holidays.

Have a great weekend!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:06 PM   #112

jack55 wrote:
Quote:
jack55 wrote:
Quote:
For those of you that want a good bounceflash to go with your Sony H50 try this one... I use it with the DSLR too.

Bower Digital Twin Flash for SONY Cyber-shot DSC-H9

http://www.labellecameras.com/produc...-SFD829TW.html

Sarah, you said you missed the H50 and the main drawback was no flash shoe? I gave that up with my Canon s5is because the flash I listed above works perfectly with the H50. The H50 is extremely powerful and can be adjusted easily, so I haven't hardly used the otther flash.

Just a thought. Need any help on that ship? LOL
Nice setup, :|
Cyberf828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 10:56 AM   #113

i took this with my new h50 it was a zoom in shot, i just love this camera still learning bigtime, any advice on night shots and what settings? thanks!

Attached Images

Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:03 AM   #114

Cool pix. Where was that taken?

use a tripod and try the night scene on the dial mode for starters.

jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:16 AM   #115

thanks jack, these photo are take by my place in Northern Manitoba, Canada, I'm looking at night shots not using the nite mode, shots of downtown lights and buildings at night no nightshot mode though, thanks
Attached Images

Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:20 AM   #116

same photo before i zoomed in i just love the wide angle on this camera, i take lots of photos in a boat so really helps with the wide angle
Attached Images

Old Sep 9, 2008, 6:15 AM   #117

Jack:

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to put this thread together! I have been searching for some info on the H50. I have a Canon 20D with a 70-200mm L lens but my wife and I used our Sony F717 a great deal and it recently had a dropping accident.

It appears like the H50 will be an improvement over the F717. Does the flash work pretty well and how does it handle motion? From what you have stated it seems to do well with both.

Thanks again for your time!

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:03 AM   #118

Daddi-

The H-50 has a very good flash unit built-in. In addition, if you desire more light, you can add a slave flash. In the Shutter Preference Mode or the sports Modethe H-50 handles action very well.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:32 AM   #119

Trique Daddi wrote:
Quote:
Jack:

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to put this thread together! I have been searching for some info on the H50. I have a Canon 20D with a 70-200mm L lens but my wife and I used our Sony F717 a great deal and it recently had a dropping accident.

It appears like the H50 will be an improvement over the F717. Does the flash work pretty well and how does it handle motion? From what you have stated it seems to do well with both.

Thanks again for your time!

Trique Daddi
Hello Trique,

Yes the flash works extremely well. In fact for most indoor shots, (not group shots) I have to turn the flash down a stop or two, otherwise it is too bright. For indoor group shots, it is perfect. This flash works better than most pop up flashes I've seen.
jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:44 AM   #120

yes the flash is very bright, i have had to lower it for outdoor shots as well, still experimenting with mine