Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:44 PM   #71

Not to worry at all, Jack-

Those Seattle weekend photos were excellent in everyway. You are doing just great with the Sony H-50. Thanks a lot for your many postings. I for one, personally appreciate them very much.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:51 PM   #72

Here is one of pikes place market &space needle

jack55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 1:41 PM   #73

More wonderful photos from the H-50, Jack-

Just like the previous set, these two look very good as well. I like the Space Needle shot a lot. However, once again we got some over exposure and loss of detail in the upper base of the Space Needle. That might be due to that Polarizer you are using.

I hope that you won't mind, but I attempted to bring back some of the detail to see if there was a visual difference.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:21 PM   #74

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
More wonderful photos from the H-50, Jack-

Just like the previous set, these two look very good as well. I like the Space Needle shot a lot. However, once again we got some over exposure and loss of detail in the upper base of the Space Needle. That might be due to that Polarizer you are using.

I hope that you won't mind, but I attempted to bring back some of the detail to see if there was a visual difference.

Sarah Joyce
Stunning... made my good shot a great one! How did you do that in Photoshop?

I need to learn that one!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 3:00 PM   #75

Jack-

I just used an even less expensive photo editing program called ACDsee 10 Photo Manager, that sells for around $(US) 40.00. It has a very easy to use features. And it can be learned very quickly. You can download a free 30 day trial copy.

You might want to take a look at the ACDsee10 Photo Manager.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:17 PM   #76

Jack-

I must apologize to you. I mis-stated the problem with regard to you Space Needle shot. That Polarizer is causing you to under-expose your photos. The result is that they are darker, and therefore lacking the needed detail that we would normally expect to see in them.

That is why we had to add light to regain some of the lost detail. I apologize for the error on my part. You might be wanting to add some light to your H-50 photos by way of +EV.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:25 PM   #77

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Jack-

I must apologize to you. I mis-stated the problem with regard to you Space Needle shot. That Polarizer is causing you to under-expose your photos. The result is that they are darker, and therefore lacking the needed detail that we would normally expect to see in them.

That is why we had to add light to regain some of the lost detail. I apologize for the error on my part. You might be wanting to add some light to your H-50 photos by way of +EV.

Sarah Joyce
Well I had it underexposed at -0.3 to bring out the sky behind the needle along with the polarizer. Maybe a bit much...
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:30 PM   #78

That is it exactly, Jack-

However, you must keep in mind that you can go too far with -EV, in your effort to get nice blue skies, because you still want to retail the correct amount of detail in your photos. I sincerely believe that the H-50 is capturing all of the detail. You might want to try either bracketing your photos to retain those details or using less -EV.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:23 AM   #79

Jack-

I just wanted to let you that I decided to go for it. I ordered a H-50 todayfor myself. So maybe somewhere down the road we can compare photos.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:58 AM   #80

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Jack-

I just wanted to let you that I decided to go for it. I ordered a H-50 todayfor myself. So maybe somewhere down the road we can compare photos.

Sarah Joyce
[glow=red]CONGRATS!!![/glow]

I am sure you will be very happy with that camera. It is really meant for someone who can use the many features on it. To me it is like a mini dslr.

Sure, let compare photo's anytime and make each other better!