Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 23, 2003, 9:49 AM   #1

Default p72 vs p8 vs p92

im takin into consideration these cameras . for me size , megapixel , the batteries it use (aa or propietary) , etc...... is not a matter . the IMAGE QUALITY (no purple fringin and all that) is very important for me - i mainly need the camera for indoor purposes ( it should tackle indoor problems such as low light and other situations) .

soo which one do ya suggest gives a better image quality /?????
aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2003, 1:40 PM   #2
Administrator

For indoor, low light purposes, I would strongly suggest you look at some of the larger models.

The subcompact models (with their relatively poor light gathering capability, and weak flash units) are not ideal for these situations.

A camera like the DSC-F717 has a lens that's rated at F2.0/F2.4.

Most subcompacts are going to have a maximum aperture of F2.8 at full wide angle (and MUCH worse at full zoom).

F2.0 (as in the DSC-F717) is twice as bright as F2.8

Also, these subcompact models are not designed to use an external flash (although you can find a slave flash for them).

If a camera like the DSC-F717 is too large, consider the new V-1 instead (in the Sony line). It's got a great focus system (like the DSC -F717), and can take an external flash.

I think you'll be dissapointed at the performance of a subcompact model for your stated use (indoors, low light). The noise levels (they'll boost ISO indoors), and Flash Range will make them unusable in many shooting conditions indoors (larger rooms, etc.).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2003, 11:01 AM   #3

ya i no , but im leanin forward for a compact camera as it can be easily be carried anywhere
Old Oct 24, 2003, 11:12 AM   #4

ya i no , but im leanin forward for a compact camera as it can be easily be carried anywhere
Old Nov 1, 2003, 1:08 PM   #5

ppl plz give some suggestions as to which one of the above cameras is better in the image criteria .
plz give some suggestions as i wanna buy a digicam as soon as possible