Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:33 AM   #61

Default After 2 days of use

Here are few more photos taken during my visit to hometown

Macro Shot of a Dragonfly:

Birds:

Last edited by Fhame Rashid; Jul 22, 2009 at 8:34 AM. Reason: incorrect use of word
Fhame Rashid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:35 AM   #62

Landscape Photos:
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:52 AM   #63

Fhame, my very first comment is "as long as you are pleased with the results, it's all that matters". At first glance looking at the two pictures you posted, I must say I have mixed feelings. The images are a bit soft, the WA shot is slightly over exposed (the camera must have tried to preserve the shadows) and colors are somewhat washed out. The lens seems to be better than the one that came with the H50. The zoom shot is good considering the FL, IS was effective and the sensor captured a lot of detail. I need to check the images you posted on my regular monitor, perhaps the softness and color issues are nothing but the result of my poor laptop monitor. In any case, congrats on your new camera and have fun with it!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:02 AM   #64

Few more pictures:
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:03 AM   #65

Rashid-

Congratulations on your new camera purchase. It looks like you are off to a good start. Both sample photos show a bit of over exposure. Are you shooting in full Auto, or using "P" for Programed Auto? However, the later photos are much better. So, it appears that you are progressing nicely. Photography take practice.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Jul 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:26 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Rashid-

Congratulations on your new camera purchase. It looks like you are off to a good start. Both sample photos show a bit of over exposure. Are you shooting in full Auto, or using "P" for Programed Auto? However, the later photos are much better. So, it appears that you are progressing nicely. Photography take practice.

Sarah Joyce
Thank You Mrs. Joyce. I set the dial to "iAuto" during my first two shots (wide and telephoto) and I was quite upset with the result (pictures were washed out). Except for that, all the other pictures were taken with Shutter Priority or "S".

Last edited by Fhame Rashid; Jul 23, 2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: forgot to include detail
Old Jul 24, 2009, 8:26 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Welcome to the Sony group, Talbot-

We are glad to have you join us. We are a very informal group that enjoy sharing photos from the Sony cameras and some others as well.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks Sarah,
bill
talbot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 3:38 AM   #68

Well, I will be quite honest with you all-

As the price has dropped here in the USA on Sony's HX-1 camera, I have come back to revisit this rather unique super zoom camera. As a digital camera instructor who loves and appreciates super or ultra zoom cameras, I initially looked at this camera in May 2009.

Then of course, it was sellat at nearly its full list price of $(US) 499.99. When you considered the Twilight Mode, its Panorama Mode, and it very high 10 fps Burst speed, it was a rather unique camera, that called out for attention.

With its USA price now approaching $(US) 400.00 it have come back on to the buying horizon and demanding attention. I still feel as I did in May 2009, that it was an excellent first attempt by Sony to compete with the Canon SX-1, also a CMOS imager based super or ultra zoom camera. In its current status it is still a very interesting camera, but I cannot help but wonder what the follow-on version might be like.

The Sony HX-1 is truly a software/firmware based camera that is virtually 100% dependent on the camera's software/firmware for many of its very unique features. Hopefully, Sony will desire to move forward with the basic design and expan upon the HX-1's potential.

However, we have history to refer to in that respect. Sony developed the very unique and amazing R-1 camera, and then did not create a follow-on camera for the R-series cameras at all. My hope is that Sony will fine tune and improve on the design of the HX-1 camera. Quite honestly, I am very much looking forward to the potential of what the Sony HX-2 might introduce.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 8:01 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhame Rashid View Post
Thank You Mrs. Joyce. I set the dial to "iAuto" during my first two shots (wide and telephoto) and I was quite upset with the result (pictures were washed out). Except for that, all the other pictures were taken with Shutter Priority or "S".
Man, have you tested the other dial's modes well? Excluding "S", which one have you been using most? Tell us more...
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:52 AM   #70

Fhame,

I am considering buying the Sony HX1. Are you images sharp? Overall, do you really like it? I am looking at that one and also the Nikon P90.
Thanks,
Suzie
dave59 is offline   Reply With Quote