Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 3, 2003, 3:55 AM   #1

Default Very Impressed with the F717!!!

hey there everybody.
this weekend i had the privilage of using my one buddies 717 for the entire weekend.

and man o man was i impressed with the quality of the pics.
the ease of use and the allround feel of the camera.

for action shots i had to be a bit quick, but thats not a hassle, and it was really an overall excellent camera to use.
i was extremely pleased with the results and will post some pics in this week as soon as i load them onto my pc.

so this is just a note from a first time sony digicam user, to say that it is a an awesome machine that delivered unbelievable quality pics.

cheers for now.
Bryce.
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2003, 12:58 PM   #2

Default New 717 user

I have had mine for several months now and I am quite pleased with it. I have done lots of macro and some portrait stuff with surprising results for a digital.
randy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 11:46 PM   #3

for a jpg only camera is good. it falls way short in 2 large areas.
1- the lack of RAW output
2- the inability to use any other memory form factor other the memorysticks. MS is limited to a very expensive 1G/$400+ card.

now finally seeing the folly of their ways sony has totally redesigned that camera into the 828. many new capabilities and a ne rational. in short they pretty much copied the minolta D and A series Digitals and added a bigger imager. just compare the 828 with the D7Hi and A1. featurewise/designwise their kissing cousins. how original of sony. the best one is the additional memory slot which is a CF slot. now with the 828 you can go a cut above and produce a reasonable size and quality image.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2003, 7:00 AM   #4

thanks for the replies guys.

i think i need to master the art of takign good photos before i go the DSLR route.
so i think i will use the 717 for a while longer and i will keep posting some pics every now and then.

cheers for now.
Bryce.
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2003, 2:27 PM   #5

Default F-717

I took a set of portraits in to be printed the other day and the guys started questioning me about where I got the prints and if I was using someones professional work. It was all mine and all F717.
I was surprised to say the least and after working it out thanked them for the compliment.
randy o is offline   Reply With Quote