Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 3, 2003, 9:06 PM   #1

Default FIRST TIME BUYER - which model - V1, P92, P72, etc?

I actually own an archaic mavica from 1999, but let's not go there. it's low-res pictures are no longer up my alley. i need something more.

i only found steve's digicams earlier this evening, and i must say THANK YOU! great site!! the reviews, the pictures, the sample images, everything! great stuff! i'm re-enthused and have been itching for some time now to get a new digicam, so let's get to it!

i'm torn between something simple-looking and easy to carry like the P72 & P92 models and something more work-horse (metal body) such as the V1. i would say the V1 is more my 'look', but like i said the other two models sound much more portable, so i'm wondering about the drastic differences between those models in particular.

the review for the P92 also says 'During our testing, images were taken continuously for approx. 2-min. without any processing delay noticed.' - can the V1 not do the same?? it only lists a '3 shot' burst mode. can the V1 not take synchronous images for say 10 full seconds, if there's enough room on the storage media to support it??

also, this might be a really ignorant question, but can these cameras take pictures at 200dpi or anything like that?? or are they strictly 72dpi images? thanks for any input!

[normal]
nicknormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2003, 12:41 PM   #2

guess this forum isn't as hot as i was expecting it to be huh? nearly 6 days and no responses. oh well...
nicknormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2003, 2:10 PM   #3
a

y dont ya ask the same question at general topic or newbie help ....
it mite help
a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2003, 4:46 PM   #4

I dont get it! what do you mean continuous shooting for 2 mins? I think p92 has 3xBurst mode.

Anyway, the V1 is a semi professional camera, has more features than the other two and the ability to take decent night shots with a laser-something ...that helps focusing at no light at all. BUT its bigger and much more expensive than the other two. If you have the money and you are looking for something closer to a pro comera buy it.
AS you said now p72 and p 92 are more portable and cheaper. think carefully what you need from a camera< how youre gonna use it and how much are you willing to pay for it! i bought a few weeks ago p8 which is a more compact p72 with an infolithium battery. Even if i had the money to by V1 i think i would still buy p8 because its much more portable. The quality its preety good for my taste as i am not a pro photographer and i can carry p8 allways with me. So make up your mind by first deciding what exacly do you need?
Barret is offline   Reply With Quote