Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 6, 2009, 2:24 PM   #1

Default HX1 Problems

This HX1 is on it's way back to the store fro repair or replacement - however since I live in China it's not so easy to just return it and demand a new one or change it for something else. So I'd like to know what the issue is before I go back to the shop !

Please take a look at these and let me know what you think. I'm now having problems with between 30 & 50 % of my photos ! Help !!

http://kevin.photos.cn.com/c1708585.html

Thanks in advance !
Frogfish
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:01 PM   #2

I'm not sure there is much we can do to help. It looks like your camera has some serious problems, probably related to the sensor, if I have to guess. It is unfortunate that you may not be able to replace it. If it was here in the US, you'd have no problems having it replaced. Good luck.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
I'm not sure there is much we can do to help. It looks like your camera has some serious problems, probably related to the sensor, if I have to guess. It is unfortunate that you may not be able to replace it. If it was here in the US, you'd have no problems having it replaced. Good luck.
Thank you Tullio.

I took a USB flash of some of the photos into the shop and they said it was the Memory Stick Pro Duo problem and not the camera. They will replace the card to see if that solves the issue. Fingers crossed - I'll update this thread later just in case anyone else has the same issues with their camera.

The strange thing is that when reviewing the photos in camera there is no sign of these problems. I've seen it once before (on an Olympus 8080W) but it didn't persist and didn't reappear. I've tried different card readers but that didn't make any difference.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:33 PM   #4

Glad to hear your camera is probably OK - I had a similar suggestion for you. I was in the process of getting the link to Sony's compatibility chart for you when you posted your last reply. I had a similar problem once, only with a card reader that couldn't handle higher capacity cards. The card also was a counterfeit. You can check the compatibility chart for your camera (which evidently cannot accept cards of greater than 4GB capacity), and also make sure your replacement card is genuine Sony.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/suppor...nfo_id=12&mdl=

Last edited by penolta; Jun 8, 2009 at 12:35 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2009, 1:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
Glad to hear your camera is probably OK - I had a similar suggestion for you. I was in the process of getting the link to Sony's compatibility chart for you when you posted your last reply. I had a similar problem once, only with a card reader that couldn't handle higher capacity cards. The card also was a counterfeit. You can check the compatibility chart for your camera (which evidently cannot accept cards of greater than 4GB capacity), and also make sure your replacement card is genuine Sony.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/suppor...nfo_id=12&mdl=
Thank you for that link. It seems virtually all memory sticks will function in the HX1 (bar one).

I have taken the camera back to the shop and they are certain the issue was the MS - so they have replaced it and since then - no issues, and no sign whatsoever of those processing problems posted above ! So to be clear it was a memory stick problem and not a HX1 problem. Many more quality photos now and I am a far happier bunny.