Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:42 PM   #11

My HX1 is to be delivered tomorrow from Amazon. Can't wait!! I have a really good feeling about this camera.

Suzie
dave59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:12 AM   #12

Thank you. I am a complete n00b when it comes to photography. My only experience is with my compact point and shoot sony dsc-p92. So I am looking forward for a lot of advice from all of you photography experts. !! :-)

I am already having a very good feeling.

Last edited by ssky; Jul 30, 2009 at 10:15 AM.
ssky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 6:33 PM   #13

Hi Suzie-

I was just quickly checking-in from Mexico where we are headed for the Panama Canal and the East Coast. I hope you will be delighted tomorrow (07/31) when your new HX-1 arrives.

Sarah Joyce

Hi SSKY-

Yes, we are always willing to help and assist here. The might be a little delay in my answers as my husband and I aree once again teaching digital cameras on cruise ships. I wont be home to stay again on until 08/15, but I will check in occasionally from the sjip like this.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:56 AM   #14

Sarah Joyce,

Teaching on cruise ships??? What an interesting job you have!!! My HX1 arrived today, loved it right away. Will really start trying it out this weekend. But I think it is going to be just fine. Thank you for suggesting it.

Suzie
dave59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:41 PM   #15

Congratulations on your new camera, Suzie-

Enjoy your new camera, but please be patient, as there is a lot to learn. The HX-1 can do many things and has lots of features.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:02 AM   #16

here is the $12.50 solution to your problem:

you can get it where I ordered mine too: ebay
costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:26 AM   #17

Finally got my HX1. I quickly did couple of indoor shots of my little princess under florescent lighting. So far I am really impressed but one thing I have noted (which many web sites have already found) is that the HX1 has harder noise reduction algorithm. Hence you do see some artifacts when looking at the photos at their max res. Another thing is its extremely annoying beeps. There are only 3 setting for menu beeps, off, low and high. There is not much difference in Low and high so I just simply shut it off. Mucho better. Other than that all the fun stuff packed in this little box is very good. Anti shake, panaroma, twilight is simply amazing.

I will still have to go out and take some more pictures plus have to play with its so many modes (so far only tried Auto mode).
ssky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2009, 12:14 PM   #18

ssky-

It sounds like you are having fun with the HX-1. Congratulations on your new camera.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:20 AM   #19

Hi all,

Been reading alot of the feedback about the new HX-1....alot of good and alot of bad....I have had the H-50 for almost a year now and love it!...Mrs Joyce, I have seen hundreds of your posts and pics, and have found them to be very imformative and educational.....I have learned some things from some of the posts you have made..thank you for that.....I have read some posts about the new HX-1 and exposure problems..Dont know if the new cam has this feature, but my H-50 has a Histogram....I check it before I start shooting in certain lighting situations, make sure the "mountain tops" are centered by using the dial and adjusting the EV, and I get almost perfect exposures everytime....I shoot in aperture mode about 95% of the time....I like to shoot at F2.7-F5.0, and get great results, depending on what I am shooting...am I on the right track?.....a topic I have not seen brought up in awhile.....using the Histogram
kitkrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2009, 8:33 AM   #20

Kit-

You are doing very well. Using the histogram nails the exposure, the other variable is WB, the two factors are most responsible for a successful photo outcome. Yes, indeed there are many articles on nailing the histogram and WB. It is a great technique, but rather difficult to teach to beginners.

Sarah Joyce