Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:18 AM   #1

Default Question for HX1 owners...

Im a newbie with this camera and I thought I could see myself (or what Im shooting)while recording with it plugged on my tv(via HDMI or Standard cable), but when I start recording image is only available on its display not tv anymore. This only seems to happen in recording mode.Is that normal? Is there a way to overcome this? Sorry if this sounds stupid but Ive never used a camera pugged on TV.
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:41 AM   #2

I'll check it out right now and let you know
Fhame Rashid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:48 AM   #3

Red Dragon Welcome to the Steve's Digicams Forum

Okay I had the same thing; during recording the TV blacks out. Its not a problem. Probably its not possible to stream data to the TV while its writing data in its storage; besides recording is a process not an information that can be used as an output. Just my speculation.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhame Rashid View Post
Red Dragon Welcome to the Steve's Digicams Forum

Okay I had the same thing; during recording the TV blacks out. Its not a problem. Probably its not possible to stream data to the TV while its writing data in its storage; besides recording is a process not an information that can be used as an output. Just my speculation.
Thank you so much my good man! Well, this makes me happy and sad because I bought this camera to take advantage of its HDTV recording feature and as I make some clips of myself teaching guitar, I need watch what's beeing recorded to change some angles for better vision. As camera's LCD don't twist forward(as my old Canon G5) I thought I would overcome this issue using my tv
I could have bougth a camcorder but I preferred HX1 for better still shots too...I feel blue & dumb for not asking that before buying.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon View Post
Thank you so much my good man! Well, this makes me happy and sad because I bought this camera to take advantage of its HDTV recording feature and as I make some clips of myself teaching guitar, I need watch what's beeing recorded to change some angles for better vision. As camera's LCD don't twist forward(as my old Canon G5) I thought I would overcome this issue using my tv
I could have bougth a camcorder but I preferred HX1 for better still shots too...I feel blue & dumb for not asking that before buying.
You are very much welcomed. Not only the HX1 is a very good camera it also has a great video quality for its price. The video produced will definitely suffice anyone's need.. You could make mark on the place where the camera focuses to make sure you are in frame. You could also put a mirror behind the camera to keep a real time track. Its a bit difficult but trust me considering the other features; you'll be able to live with it . Every camera has its cons.

Safety and Peace,
Fhame Rashid
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhame Rashid View Post
You are very much welcomed. Not only the HX1 is a very good camera it also has a great video quality for its price. The video produced will definitely suffice anyone's need.. You could make mark on the place where the camera focuses to make sure you are in frame. You could also put a mirror behind the camera to keep a real time track. Its a bit difficult but trust me considering the other features; you'll be able to live with it . Every camera has its cons.

Safety and Peace,
Fhame Rashid
Oh yes,thanks for the tips.Overall, Im very happy with her despite some minor issues(for me)and few people telling its pictures are not so good. For me its a great camera,not perfect...but is there any other 100% perfect!?Thats what matters.
BTW,Ive seen your pics and most of all are great! Congrats!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:04 AM   #7

Thank you Red Dragon
Old Jul 25, 2009, 4:08 AM   #8

Well Rashid-

Here we are, just about the only supporters who are honestly interested in the Sony HX-1 camera. On Monday, 27 July we are off once more to do an international teaching contract on digital cameras. With the selling price falling here in the USA, I will seriously look at acquiring the Sony HX-1 again when I return in late September.

As I mentioned to Talbot, I sincerely believe that the HX-1 is a brave first attempt by Sony. It is unique and has a lot of very interesting features, but I am fearful that it might be just like the rather spectacular Sony R-1, a single camera with out any improvements or sucessor.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Well Rashid-

Here we are, just about the only supporters who are honestly interested in the Sony HX-1 camera. On Monday, 27 July we are off once more to do an international teaching contract on digital cameras. With the selling price falling here in the USA, I will seriously look at acquiring the Sony HX-1 again when I return in late September.

As I mentioned to Talbot, I sincerely believe that the HX-1 is a brave first attempt by Sony. It is unique and has a lot of very interesting features, but I am fearful that it might be just like the rather spectacular Sony R-1, a single camera with out any improvements or sucessor.

Sarah Joyce
Just ordered the HX1 from Amazon at 420 USD. You cannot beat this camera at this point..no way. After researching for weeks this is the best deal you can get without getting into professional dslr world..IMO..
ssky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:39 PM   #10

Welcome to the forum ssky and congratulation on your new purchase.
Please don't be hesitant about sharing your views with us.

Safety and peace to you
Fhame Rashid