Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:10 PM   #1

Default First post with new HX1

Hi all,

I have been lurking on this forum trying to decide what camera to get. Moving up from my Canon IS point and shoot.

After reading many great posts and reviews I ordered up the Sony HX1 from Dell during that coupon deal a couple of weeks back for $350.

Great camera. Here are my first few pics. I look forward to reading more tips and tricks from the great community here.

All the pics in this set were taken with the HX1:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mystica...7622296276201/

Thanks agian for the tips and advice on a camera.

--Bill
MysticAlpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:15 PM   #2

Hi there, Bill-

Thanks for posting some very nice photos from your HX-1. The look great. I returned my HX-1 and went with the Sony A-230 because it gave me much better overall image quality and performance. It is also much better with low light level shot as well. For example here is a shot at ISO 3200 that would have been impossible with the HX-1.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:10 PM   #3

I have not tried low light yet. I would be amazed at any camera that can get what you got at 3200. I considered going with a DSLR but in the end for what I do I think the HX1 will work out, the price really cinched the deal for me.

Now to get that Telex lens...

Also, what's up with no filter lens, I keep thinking I am going to damage my lens with out a filter. Oh well, i'll just be carefull.

--bill
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:47 AM   #4

Bill these are some really nice photos indeed. What program did you use for PP? Did you play around with the NR settings at all?

The DSC HX1 is on my shortlist too but am still undecided. Looking forward to viewing some action photos from members here before I take the plunge.
ckthegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:19 PM   #5

No PP done for those pics. I think a few on the Flickr feed I did the auto balance thing in Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

I plan to look into a decent but easy to use PP tool in the next few weeks. Adobe?

Right now I am just getting framiliar with the camera and slowly delving into to custom settings.

--Bill
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:01 PM   #6

Bill-

Adobe just issues Photoshop Elements 8.0, so that should force the price of PSE 7.0 down.

Also www.amazon.com has Corel's Paint Shop Pro X2 on sale this week for $35, which is a great price as that is a very easy editing program to use.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote