Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:29 PM   #51

dewdman-

Welcome to the Forum. We're glad you dropped by.

I am happy to hear that you are pleased with the new Sony WX-1. That is great. Personally, the photos were not really sharp right out of the camera when looking at the with the normal resolution found in any 4" X 6" print.

Even sharpened in Photoshop they really did not improve enough for my taste. And I understand and know Photoshop quite well as I tech it in our local Community College.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 6:24 AM   #52

I second that Dewdman42, I am also a very happy WX1 owner.
Are you already familiar with this link http://www.flickr.com/groups/dsc-wx1/

Has some really cool (low light) shots
mll7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:44 PM   #53

mll7-

Thanks very much the link. There are some impressive photos contained there. I sold my Sony Wx-1, in a effort to put together enough money for me to go with the Panasonic G-1 and multiple lenses.

Have a great day. I am happy to hear that you are very pleased with the Sony WX-1 camera.

Sarah Joyce
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:40 AM   #54

As a long time amateur photographer, the WX1 just totally blows me away with its ability to take well-exposed, handheld shots at night. It's a night street photographer's dream come true. If you aren't going to use it for low light, handheld, flashless photography, then you're not taking advantage of it. Other compact digicams are as good or better for those easy daylight snapshots, but currently, nothing can touch the WX1 for low-light (which includes indoors, by the way), or for that DSLR-class shooting speed in any light. If you use it effectively, you will get shots with the WX1 that you simply would not with any other camera. They may not be fine art photographs, but look, it's a compact, shirt-pocket sized digicam, not a medium format camera.

I actually spent a week with each of 4 different Nikons and Canons before I settled on the WX1. I think of myself as a no-talent, amateur street photographer... and for this alone, I wouldn't take my WX1 back for exchange even if someone handed me another hundred bucks more right now to buy a Canon S90. Like I said, it totally blows me away, and I really mean that.
starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:05 PM   #55

starling-

Welcome to the Forum and to the Sony P+S folder. We're delighted that you dropped by.

I would agree that the WX-1 is a great after dusk camera. However, I found the day time shots not very please due to the "reddish" tint to outdoor shot that really raised havoc with the greens and the blues.

As a result I returned the WX-1 and purchased the TX-1 which does not seem to have that problem. As much as I liked the WX-1 after dark, I had to have a camera that I could also confidently use during the day time as well.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:34 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
I would agree that the WX-1 is a great after dusk camera. However, I found the day time shots not very please due to the "reddish" tint to outdoor shot that really raised havoc with the greens and the blues.

As a result I returned the WX-1 and purchased the TX-1 which does not seem to have that problem. As much as I liked the WX-1 after dark, I had to have a camera that I could also confidently use during the day time as well.
Hi Sarah,
what do you think about differences in low light between Tx1 and Wx1? Is the f2/4 in Wx1 a real advantage?

Thanks.
jo789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:03 PM   #57

jo789-

Welcome to the Forum and to the Sony P+S folder. We're delighted that you dropped by.

The F.2.4 aperture of the WX-1 gives it a small advantage over the TX-1. However, neither camera offers much at all in the way of photo controls, as does the HX5. The camera that makes use of the CMOS technology and offers the most photo controls is the HX-1.

Sarah Joyce