Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:34 PM   #1

Default Any opinions on the TX1?

I got the TX1 a few weeks ago and have mixed feelings about it. I barely see any low light advantages when compared to my T700 and T77. The photo quality is fair, just not as sharp as I expected. The sweep panorama feature is pretty cool and the 720P HD video is excellent for such a small camera.
I'd like to hear your opinion on the TX1!
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2009, 4:11 PM   #2

CyberShotNut-

While I do not own the Sony TX-1, I had sort of the very same experience with the WX-1 camera. The photos were very soft indeed and the high ISO capability was just not there for me. So, I returned the camera.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 6:34 PM   #3

Got a TX1 before Christmas to replace a Kodak Z1275, and honestly I like my Kodak better. I am returning the TX1 because I am not happy with the pictures at all. I am now on the hunt for a new camera. The pictures were dark, blurry more than they were crisp and clear. The sweep panorama was awesome, tho! There are things I liked about the camera, but it came down to the fact that I was missing my digital zoom on top of the optical zoom, and so now I will be looking very carefully for the right replacement.
Christa_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
CyberShotNut-

While I do not own the Sony TX-1, I had sort of the very same experience with the WX-1 camera. The photos were very soft indeed and the high ISO capability was just not there for me. So, I returned the camera.

Sarah Joyce
Sarah always like your input here, but I noticed you buy lots of camera's and noticed you seem to return many of them for another product, just wondering what camera place lets people do this, I know where I live I could not do that more then once
Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2009, 9:48 AM   #5

Canadian-

Firstly, I live in the USA. www.amazon.com has a no questions asked, no fee return policy, if the product is returned within 30 days.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Canadian-

Firstly, I live in the USA. www.amazon.com has a no questions asked, no fee return policy, if the product is returned within 30 days.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks!
Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:31 PM   #7

Be aware that Amazon is known for "firing" customers who make too many returns. They will also seize any gift card balance applied to your account and if you ask for it to be refunded they'll email you saying "there will be no further compensation."

I use Amazon. I have Amazon affiliate links on my blog (though I've never really made anything off them, but they're non-intrustive and if I magically gets tons of traffic some day maybe they'll actually earn me something). But I'd be *VERY* hesitant to return stuff to Amazon often. I have twice in my life - once a Samsung SL30 camera that appeared to be broken, and once a Canon battery charger I didn't need because I found the one I lost. I'd be hesitant to make an unlucky third return due to the way they've treated other people in the past.

Here's some links:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...ghlight=amazon
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=29975989
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=552203

Again, while I do do business with Amazon, this practice scares me - and is extraordinarily rude (and in the case of stealing gift card balances, probably illegal)
Mark Uhde is offline   Reply With Quote