Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:21 AM   #161

There is more of a difference between models TX1-TX5-TX7 than would be obvious, or make specification sheets.
digitalcamerainfo(dotcom) put up some results that compare the TX5 to the TX7 (amongst others) and compared their colour accuracy.
As the proud new owner of a TX5, don't get me wrong, I'd love it if I was just missing some movie resolution, but it is movie colour accuracy and sharpness as well.
I really like a good lens on my camera and so I read a lot into the differences (with what limited reviews have been conducted) before I chose my camera.
The max aperture range on my camera through the full zoom range does not vary much, and is relatively fast. This coupled with image stabilization, great (low noise) ISO settings , and HDR and twilight modes (and anti blur).. well I never buy sony anything, and I had to have this camera.
The panorama mode is funtastic (sorry for slang words for those using translators, saying fun + fantastic).
This camera is truly beaut to use. My DSLR I can only use in full manual mode (I honestly get caught out when I try to use auto), but my tough, go everywhere companion, the TX5 is built to just figure it out.
I have left it some crazy challenges, and it sorts them out. Now I leave it in advanced/intelligent auto, where it takes an extra shot based on what mode will take the greatest picture.
I went the TX5 (over the TX1, down from the TX7) because I believe it will be a tough point and shoot I have with me everywhere and I will never be afraid (rain etc) to bust it out.
My first digital camera (a canon DC50? circa 1997) eventually became so old I was willing to take it skiing with me.
To complement my DSLR I needed a go everywhere compact, and well, for the trickle down DSLR tech that these new Sonys hold is a very convincing buy.
As are the beaut photos in this forum listing.
I do believe the TX7 has incredible and very accurate colours, more so than its cheaper siblings..
to be fair the shots the TX5 has put out are amazing, and the panorama mode takes a breath taking shot nearly every time.. this and the HDR shot and low light modes are amazing for small body (point and shoot) cameras.

So roll on with the photos..
Oh and for the Aussie user stuck at 50hz and not 60hz, try setting the output mode (for TV) to NTSC. just a guess, but that will likely change it over.

cheers and happy capturing
whitedragem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:22 PM   #162

Ahh I remember Zipfer from wintersports in Austria.. Good memories

Beautiful shots Donalduc
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:46 PM   #163

Default HX5 Pictures

I wanna add some pics from my HXv5.
Its pretty hard to compare this two. My main reason why i took the HX5 was i read somewhere that the TX7 macro is very impressive, but focus area is very small. Because i wanna do mainly macro, this was a clear con for the TX7 . I have added some Macro examples of the TX7. For example i added the redbull can to proof that this shot is not the closest the HXv5 can get ( http://www.call-t.co.jp/blog/mt/bw_u...newcyber38.jpg ). Of course the TX7 is more portable and as the Coffe beans in the Donald Duc gallerys show, it can get much closer to the Object in Macro. By the way Donalds mini movie from the Lake with swans really made me want to have one of these Full HD cameras. Well i still have some time for testing.
Ah also check my little video in HD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0kCzQVYe1A

By the way most important for me is the movie mode by the way. And i have the impression that this is quite similar or are the macro features also 1cm versus 5 cm distance in movie mode ?
Attached Images

Last edited by LArsGrrr; Mar 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM.
LArsGrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:51 PM   #164

TX7

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:34 PM   #165

Totally superior to HX5.
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:19 PM   #166

Maybe we could make Macro shot from the same standard object.
I mean the Coffe beans are good but maybe an even more standardised format. Because the flowers are hard to judge in scale. Even daisys ( my flower pics ) have different sizes etc. could you make some macros from euro cents donald or maybe some redBull cans ?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 5:41 AM   #167

hehe, I NEVER drink chemical s.h.i.t. like Redbull & so ! Only water, milk, pure fruit juice ...
Sorry, I also hate comparing cameras - either a camera fits or it doesn't fit.

Go out with your camera a take pictures. All other is senseless. I am not interested in pixels, ISO, ... result counts !
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:13 AM   #168

maybe you should change the topic to TX7 only.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:14 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
hehe, I NEVER drink chemical s.h.i.t. like Redbull & so ! Only water, milk, pure fruit juice ...
Sorry, I also hate comparing cameras - either a camera fits or it doesn't fit.

Go out with your camera a take pictures. All other is senseless. I am not interested in pixels, ISO, ... result counts !
Hello, do you know if the TX7 has the same problem of distortion of the barrel in HX5 video?
Thanks
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:21 AM   #170

LArsGrrr-

It would not be right, if your very good macro shot went unrecognized and not complimented. You have posted a very good selection of macro shots with lovely color and very good detail.

If a camera does not work for one person, but become a really creative tool to another person. That is just life. Your work is commendable and should be applauded.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote