Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:15 PM   #191

Thanks Sarah... good advice... will try the scene mode and will join "first impressions" shortly... (need to duck out to run an errand) :-)

Ric
Ric01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:25 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric01 View Post
another beginner question.... for your Tx-7, for your "P" selection, what other further settings under "P" would be good for "landscape" shots and "food" shots ie bracket settings, 0EV, ISO, White Balance.
If possible, I use 125-400 ISO (85% 125 ISO), most 0EV .. sometimes down till -1 ... also 95% automatic white ballance. Look EXIFs.

87.5% of extra features of ALL cameras are "for the cat". I do not waste time to think which is the best - also I NEVER (!) use RAW, because it is waste of lifetime - I don't make a picture in 1/100 sec. and then spending 15 min. for postprocessing.

Making photos is a funny hobby ... pixels, ISO, NR, .... take place 997-999 in my life.

"Do simple things simply"
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:44 PM   #193

Thanks DonalDuc for your advice and tips... a great help for me to start off my learning process...

Ric
Old Apr 6, 2010, 4:14 AM   #194

It's MY way :-) ... other ways also possible

Always think: making photos is fun & hobby .... poooor wedding photographers ;-) and people who have to earn money with photography. Hmmmm ... also Playboy-photographers (hehe) ... photographing old Hugh Hefner :-(
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:11 PM   #195

Cf. another thread Im interested in the TX5 mainly due to its rugged capabilities... I use a camera for marathon running (would the TX7 be strong enough for such, moist, bumps etc.).

What I like to ask: is the image quality for the TX5 a par with the TX7 .. truly, the pictures in this thread are amazing !

Tor
Torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:18 PM   #196

a touch screen is a touch screen is a touch screen is ...

PS: TX5 has no fullHD video, no stereo sound ...
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:39 PM   #197

a touch screen is a touch screen is a touch screen is ...
... what is the point with this sentence ? Sorry, if my english is not good enough... so I didnt catch a subtle point ?

Tor
Torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 5:46 PM   #198

Explanation for I use a camera for marathon running (would the TX7 be strong enough for such, moist, bumps etc.)

It's sure ... for 93.14159% .... DISPLAY WILL BREAK !

Better you make an all-in-one-insurrance for double camera price :-)
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:00 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
It's MY way :-) ... other ways also possible

Always think: making photos is fun & hobby .... poooor wedding photographers ;-) and people who have to earn money with photography. Hmmmm ... also Playboy-photographers (hehe) ... photographing old Hugh Hefner :-(
lol regarding the stress you described as experienced by professional photographers

I think your way using your Tx-7 works.. I tried using Hx5V to take pictures of fruits, real fruits.. papayas, etc and the picture did not come out as sharp as yours, not as brilliance... do you use special lighting... when I took landscape outside using intelligent mode, and scene mode, it came out too soft for my liking... not as sharp as your Tx-7.. still trying and learning... I think it is me.. I don't blame my camera
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:45 AM   #200

Ric-

Avoid the Scene Modes and the intelligent mode. Just use the "P" for Programed Auto Mode and for added sharpness reduce the resolution to 5mp. Here is a 5mp HX5 sunset, set-up manually with EV -0.7 right out of the camera with only cropping and re-sizing.
The HX5 is capable of very good image quality. You just have to get to know the camera better.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote