Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:58 PM   #261

The question is interesting, but

a) you cannot change anything (or go and be a developing engineer)
b) with each technology you can make good photos
c) don't think about, go out and MAKE pictures!

TX7

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:15 PM   #262

The first photo of the red flowers, it gives me the impression of being overexposed ... much like the red highlights. It may be or is this normal?
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:20 PM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric01 View Post
Do you know what technology Fuji, Canon S90 and Panasonic LX3 uses to achieve low light photography?

Do they take a burst of 6 shots in HHT mode just like the Hx5?
All 3 have a larger sensor than the Sony. The Canon and Panasonic have a much larger sensor. Fuji does have a HDR mode similar to Sony that they use to improve dynamic range across all light levels. The main strikes against the Fuji cameras is that: (1) their best performance is had at half their highest resolution and (2) there is a steep learning curve to obtain the best performance when compared to other P&S pocket cams like the ZS7, HX5V and so forth.

The S90 and LX3 are obviously much better cams but I don't consider them to really be direct competitors to the HX5V. While all will fit in your pocket, the S90 and LX3 do not offer the zoom of the HX5V, ZS7, F80EXR, HZ35W etc. They are really all about IQ and not about being an all-in-one solution. Great cameras but for those who know what they want, they would never be considering both types as they appeal to completely different markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro2001max View Post
The first photo of the red flowers, it gives me the impression of being overexposed ... much like the red highlights. It may be or is this normal?
There is virtually no detail there. It looks terrible - like a watercolor painting. Also, the last image has a yellowish hue to it and washed out colors and also looks awful. Are these post-processed or directly out of the camera?

Last edited by FiveO; Apr 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:54 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro2001max View Post
No, it's the real color of this tulips (depending of light angle), 2x20 pieces with total 80 blossoms for less than € 3 . Planted last autumn in cold november.

Look Canon 550D http://forums.steves-digicams.com/1081344-post37.html
and Lumix GH1 http://forums.steves-digicams.com/1081165-post181.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
There is virtually no detail there. It looks terrible - like a watercolor painting. Also, the last image has a yellowish hue to it and washed out colors and also looks awful. Are these post-processed or directly out of the camera?
You should go out into garden and watch flowers and their colors. Sitting at PC is not always the best.
98.5% of "photographers" are interested in silly technical things, they only see nature through viewer (5,5%) or LCD display (94.5%)

Last edited by DonalDuc; Apr 18, 2010 at 1:01 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:22 AM   #265

Quote:
All 3 have a larger sensor than the Sony. The Canon and Panasonic have a much larger sensor. Fuji does have a HDR mode similar to Sony that they use to improve dynamic range across all light levels. The main strikes against the Fuji cameras is that: (1) their best performance is had at half their highest resolution and (2) there is a steep learning curve to obtain the best performance when compared to other P&S pocket cams like the ZS7, HX5V and so forth.

The S90 and LX3 are obviously much better cams but I don't consider them to really be direct competitors to the HX5V. While all will fit in your pocket, the S90 and LX3 do not offer the zoom of the HX5V, ZS7, F80EXR, HZ35W etc. They are really all about IQ and not about being an all-in-one solution. Great cameras but for those who know what they want, they would never be considering both types as they appeal to completely different markets.

The same thing happens to me with my current T900, enhances the colors, mostly red.

Last edited by ciro2001max; Apr 18, 2010 at 1:24 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 4:10 AM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
You should go out into garden and watch flowers and their colors. Sitting at PC is not always the best.
98.5% of "photographers" are interested in silly technical things, they only see nature through viewer (5,5%) or LCD display (94.5%)
Actually I spend almost all of my time outdoors but that's none of your business. I am not talking about colors. I am talking about the fact that there is no detail in that photo. The red is severely over-saturated. The entire photo looks almost like a cartoon.

As for that 2nd purple flower photo, go ahead and color correct it and you will see just how far off the colors are.

I've seen your photos at dpreview and they're excellent. I'm sorry if you've taken offense at my comments about these particular flower photos.

Last edited by FiveO; Apr 18, 2010 at 5:58 AM.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 9:29 AM   #267

Quote:

Thanks FiveO for your sharing... obviously you had done a lot of comparative research regarding all the cameras you had mentioned.
Ric01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:36 PM   #268

TX7 ... one hour ago ...

125 ISO, all freehand :-)

80 such blossoms ...

Old Apr 21, 2010, 5:19 AM   #269

Now, let's make fine cappu .. needing machine, thermo glass, milk, water, coffee beans.

Here the video .. TX7 makes

AVCHD 1920x1080 (17Mbps), 1280x720 (9Mbps),
MP4 1920x1080 (12Mbps), 1280x720 (6Mbps), 640x480 (3Mbps)

.. better than from bigger machines ... camera Oscar for TX7 !

1920x1080/12Mbps MP4 ... 176 MB

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MB984JAD

Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:31 AM   #270

Excellent photos! notice that knows how to draw pictures. Like I still think about saturated red and think I'm not an expert on this, it's just an opinion. It would have taken in low light and some more of landscapes?
I'm downloading the video, Thanks