Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:34 AM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro2001max View Post
Like I still think about saturated red and think I'm not an expert on this, it's just an opinion.
It's mentioned in reviews also that the TX7 and HX5V over-saturate reds. I have noticed it in my own HX5V shots as well. It's a minor issue but it's not in your imagination.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:45 AM   #272

Thank you for responding, same thing happens to me with my current T900, so my question about buying Sony or Panasonic tx7/hx5v Tz10. With my old P150 it took pictures of my car is orange metallic (metallic red with yellow, which makes it look orange) and out perfect color photos, with the T900 barely get the orange effect, often making only the red and so with several other things.
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:52 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
It's mentioned in reviews also that the TX7 and HX5V over-saturate reds. I have noticed it in my own HX5V shots as well. It's a minor issue but it's not in your imagination.
I am wondering what's the cause of this red over-saturation with Tx7 and Hx5v... is it caused by camera's internal software or lens, or sensor? Just curious
Ric01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:59 AM   #274

TX7
red is NOT over saturated ... IT IS SO, IT'S RED ! Put away your pink glasses ...

Last edited by DonalDuc; Apr 28, 2010 at 7:02 AM.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:25 AM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
TX7
red is NOT over saturated ... IT IS SO, IT'S RED ! Put away your pink glasses ...

Do not be angry donald duck, your photos are excellent and I love your camera, but this overexposed red, please take a picture of something red that has some detail to see it on the net exposed. Because it gives the impression of being painted with watercolor. Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:15 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric01 View Post
I am wondering what's the cause of this red over-saturation with Tx7 and Hx5v... is it caused by camera's internal software or lens, or sensor? Just curious
Sony's processing I would imagine. In some cases it helps add (what I find to be) a pleasant warmth to images. In other cases, like the ones above, it goes horribly awry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
TX7
Sorry Donald but it is so you need to put away your rose-colored glasses. Stop getting personally offended when someone points out a flaw with the camera.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:27 PM   #277

Two pictures for people which are counting pixels, comparing ISOs and have built-in sensors to distinguish 33.333 sorts of RED.

ONE with SONY TX7, ONE with CANON 550D

Old May 1, 2010, 5:28 AM   #278

Old May 1, 2010, 5:41 AM   #279

Old May 3, 2010, 4:06 PM   #280

Excellent photos, you'll have drawn something red flash indoors? and some that is not just macro? Thanks