distance from lens ~ 1cm, freehand

fantastic this TX7 ... super macro

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:15 PM   #352

They look like LED lit gloworms! LOL
fotomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:08 AM   #353

Fantastic shots, DonalDuc!

Could you upload a few original photos that come straight out of the TX7 (in full resolution)? All of your posted photos are scaled down, so it would be nice to see one or two images with high resolution.

Also, I'm curious to know how the battery life of the TX7 is!? Do I need a spare battery? (They're kind of expensive )

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Moridor; Jun 29, 2010 at 6:11 AM.
Moridor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:49 AM   #354

The fabolous touchscreen is batterykiller.
In video mode it's hard to traguard 80 min. of use (but honestly the traditional camcorders don't perform any better).

A second battery is neccessary, waiting and hoping prices start to falling down.
viganet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:33 AM   #355

Hmm.. 80 minutes of video is okay for this little camera. If you just take some photos the battery life should be better, so it's all right

Now I'm just waiting for a few high resolution images!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:43 AM   #356

This VERY little camera

Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:44 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridor View Post
Fantastic shots, DonalDuc!

Could you upload a few original photos that come straight out of the TX7 (in full resolution)? All of your posted photos are scaled down, so it would be nice to see one or two images with high resolution.

Also, I'm curious to know how the battery life of the TX7 is!? Do I need a spare battery? (They're kind of expensive )

Thanks in advance!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BMETX6S6

Cheapest original battery is > 40 $ price till 90 ... toc-toc-toc ... but I think soon are 3rd party batteries available.

50% stronger than original:
http://cnbattery.en.made-in-china.co...-970-mAh-.html

I've only ONE battery ... enough for ~250 pictures. For wedding videos you should have a second one :-)
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:45 PM   #358

Up to 90 Euro for the battery? You'll get the original one from Sony for 50 Euro, which is still too expensive.

btw. thx for the pic

Last edited by Moridor; Jun 29, 2010 at 2:49 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:04 PM   #359

Default video not downloadable

Please be aware that the download of the original TX7 video file is no longer available, as for free Vimeo accounts the original upload is only available for one week subsequent to posting. There is a downloadable file on the site; it's just a converted file, and much inferior.

I have taken some great video in China, which I will share soon. Using the TX7 to shoot video makes one much less conspicuous than using a regular camcorder or one of those very large DSLR's with (inferior) video capability. Thus one can shoot more interesting stuff (it is not obvious that video is being used).

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
This one is 108060i, and has a variety of shots (indoors, outside, close-up, wide-angle, zoom) - quick tour of London.

http://vimeo.com/12765888

You can still download the original to see it in all its glory.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2010, 1:49 AM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
for free Vimeo accounts the original upload is only available for one week subsequent to posting.
Oh No ! This is a very bad news ! It's not well specified on the registration field.
Is there any alternative free site to upload (and preserve) full quality video?

Quote:
Using the TX7 to shoot video makes one much less conspicuous than using a regular camcorder or one of those very large DSLR's with (inferior) video capability.
I agree for the camcorders; usually at similar price point you have a bigger harware (more bigger ) with inferior lens and inferior sensor, and obviosly inferior perfomance.
The DSLR's video capability (when present) are state of the art, but at now prices are out of range (and dimensions too!).

To be almost perfect in my opinion TX7 should have a more efficient image stabilization like her sister HX5V and a better audio quality like Panasonic ones.