Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:37 AM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdell View Post
Hi Viganet,

I'm about to purchase this case but I noticed that this seems to have been replaced by the WP-711 model. The one that you have seems to fit better though since it does not have as much slack above the camera. Have you had any issues with the case especially when trying to click the button on top when shooting a pic? Any alignment issues with the lens since it seems to be close to the edge of the plastic lens outline?

Thanks,
Alex
My use of the camera is 99% on the video side, so i prefer this case for the better fit and the less cost (to shot video you can simply click on the screen).
Switching the top button is surely more confortable with the 711 model that have a more soft plastic on the top just for it.
I shot some pics with no problems, but the switch feedback under your finger is honestly not very good.

For the lens alignment issue you just take care when insert the camera in the case; after that the camera stay in place relatively stably.
viganet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:32 AM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottcomm1 View Post
which camera did you take this pic with?
Hehe, look EXIF ... Fuji HS10

I do not have a TX9 ...
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:54 PM   #373

Default TX7 IQ better than HX5...

If TX7's IQ is supposedly better than the HX5's, where does that leave the HX1? Based on the pics I've seen online, I would say that the HX1 is superior in IQ, followed by the TX7 with the HX5 slightly behind it, though the HX5 has a slight advantage in lower light situations. I'm trying to decide on a camera today and am leaning towards the HX1 despite its bulkier size. However, if the IQ isn't that much better, I'd rather take a smaller camera (TX7 or possibly even the HX5). I appreciate any opinions and thanks in advance.

Last edited by B415; Jul 9, 2010 at 1:58 PM.
B415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:26 PM   #374

b415-

Welcome to the Forum. We're pleased that you dropped by.

Have you read "First Impressions of the HX-1" in this folder? The HX-1 was Sony's first CMOS based camera. While the HX-1 has good image quality and a lot of zoom, the TX-7 is newer, and has better image quality.

The HX-1 is also due for replacement in Fall 2010.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:28 PM   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
b415-

Welcome to the Forum. We're pleased that you dropped by.

Have you read "First Impressions of the HX-1" in this folder? The HX-1 was Sony's first CMOS based camera. While the HX-1 has good image quality and a lot of zoom, the TX-7 is newer, and has better image quality.

The HX-1 is also due for replacement in Fall 2010.

Sarah Joyce
Thank you, Sarah. No, I don't believe I've read that yet. I'll check it out. It's surprising to me that the TX-7 has better IQ than the HX-1, but then again, it's newer. Which do you believe has better IQ between the HX-1 and HX-5? I've read mixed results and it's confusing. I appreciate it and thank you again.
B415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 1:27 PM   #376

Douple post, sry

Last edited by Moridor; Jul 11, 2010 at 2:26 PM.
Moridor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 1:31 PM   #377

I've got my TX7!

Moridor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 7:57 PM   #378

Default TX7 video + audio very good

Many people have posted the opinion, based on experience, that the TX7 audio is bad because it cannot record loud, bass-heavy "concerts." However, the video+audio is really good for capturing ambient sounds and normal music that one may experience outside of concerts - street music.
This video was shot at Gaudi's Park GŁell in Barcelona, and demonstrates that both ambient sounds and music can be well-recorded. Take a listen and look:

http://vimeo.com/13278313

Also, for one week from the time of this post you can download the original file to see and hear what the unprocessed video and audio look and sound like. Make sure HD is on for the posted video.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:08 AM   #379

Unfortunately in a concert is nearly unusable....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOh8ibE-cII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGV3riruOag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_NWi7E1X8U&NR=1

I'm thinking to buy another cam only for concerts; any suggestion?
viganet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:08 PM   #380

What was the setting for these videos? They are not HD - what were they originally? The sound for AVCHD and the lower video settings (MP4) is completely different, and any conversion also reduces quality. The audio sounded muffled; nothing like the recordings I got above, which are crisp.

I am not arguing that the TX7 is good for loud concerts, but the YouTube video posts are not very informative about either video or audio quality without more information.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote