Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:08 PM   #1

Default Sony HX1 Mode Info

On my HX1 can anybody please tell me if when Im in playback is there anyway the screen will tell me which mode the photo was taken on. ( P S A M etc )
Thank you
crosby37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:54 AM   #2

Crosby-

Welcome to the Forum. We're please that you dropped by.

The indormation on what mode a photo was taken in can be determined by going through your screen options when in the play back mode. It is a bit easier to make things standardized and just use the P or Programed Auto Mode. That does not prevent you from using the convenience of your Scene Modes, but it does streamline things for you.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 9:54 AM   #3

Thanks Sarah
So are you saying that if I took the same photo first on P next on A I should be able to go into Play back and know which was taken on P or A by something on the screen in play back. Is it as simple as that?
I havnt found anything yet but I am sure you know the answer if there is one.
Bill (likewise)
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:35 PM   #4

Crosby-

Yes, that is true. However, you would have to scroll through all of the display options, I believe, to see that difference. I used a HX-1 this summer in early June, so it has awhile, and I am depending on my memory.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jan 17, 2010, 3:20 PM   #5

I bought the HX1 just before Chistmas as a present to myself from my wife!!!! I read most of the threads way back when you were putting it through its paces and decided to get one. Been trying to get on terms with it after using a compact for many years set on snapshot!
Just finding it difficult to find the right Aperture etc for the best picture. Hence taking loads of pics and comparing.
Will have to make a note of the number of each pic and which mode I used as I dont think its possible to find it on each pic on playback.
Thanks for your help Sarah. I expect our paths will cross again.

Hope the coming week is snow free for you.
Regards
Bill
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:17 PM   #6

Bill-

The easiest way to approach the problem is to start using the camera in the "P" mode, which stands for Programed Auto Then as needed adjust the WB, and ISO, as necessary. The AV mode is a difficult place to begin.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:37 AM   #7

The P it is then.
Ignorance! What is the WB please. Ah I think thats the White Balance. If so do I have to keep altering it for different light shots or just leave it on Auto.

Bill
Old Jan 19, 2010, 9:15 AM   #8

Bill-

I always begin with the WB set to Auto. Then, if I perceive any incorrect colors, or a color cast, I make the necessary change. The one exception is shooting under electric lights, indoors. You know, right of,f that a change in the WB is required to Incandescent or Tungsten WB to come anywhere near the correct WB.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:45 AM   #9

Bill to have it most easy just put it in the green intelligent auto mode.
You still can adjust the exposure with the thumb-wheel and will get most pleasing results.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:37 AM   #10

Thanks costa Yes since Ive had the camera Ive been trying the different modes. Found, so I thought that the shots I took with the Intelegent mode were not as good as on P. I have just tried Intelegent and notice that the EV makes this lighter or darker which is obviously important. Do you then just check the scene on the screen and decide which is the right brightness!
Im not sure how the Scene Selection works. Do you leave it on that mode say when you select portrait and take a photo or do you then go back to say P or Intellegent and then take the photo with the Scene Selection set for portrait. Hope that makes sense!
You can tell Im used to a snapshot camera!
Bill