Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:40 PM   #101

SGF-

You have to be more careful with focus when doing macro or close-up photos because the depth of field is shortened substantially. Yes, you can use the Gourmet Scene Mode to move the HX5 into the macro or close-up mode very easily.

Notice that I used flash for the attached macro or close-up photo. I used flash to be sure that I had a high enough shutter speed to prevent camera blurring due to a slow shutter speed. I was also careful where I allowed the HX5 to focus for the photo. The is why the photo is nice and sharply focused.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:45 PM   #102

SGF-

Here is a 100% crop of the above photo, so that you can see more fine detail. I apologize for the dust on the subject FZ-35 Camera. From these two photos you can easily see that the HX5 is very capable of excellent macro or close-up photos.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:53 PM   #103

I dusted off the camera some and you can see the improvement in this photo.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:08 PM   #104
SGF

Sarah-

Thanks for the photo samples. Hope mine come out as in focus. Besides having the flash in the "on" position did you use the gourmet setting from scene mode or a different setting?
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:17 PM   #105

Default Professional Review

Thanks Sarah!

I read and read in this forum, I think the photos and information are really interesting.

Could you tell me where can i read a trust professional review of Hx5v?

I had a Canon s3 is, i sold to buy a more pocketeable camera, for me is very important Low light photos-and flash, video, and zoom.

I read your impressions about Hx5v and check the photos in the thread and only can tell Woau! HHT, and Burnst Mode, and video are increible in that compact body! But people talk about not sharp images, i can not see this problem in images, maybe at full resolutions, i only see fantastic images.

Thanks again
zchymalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:39 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by zchymalaga View Post
Thanks Sarah!

I read and read in this forum, I think the photos and information are really interesting.

Could you tell me where can i read a trust professional review of Hx5v?

I had a Canon s3 is, i sold to buy a more pocketeable camera, for me is very important Low light photos-and flash, video, and zoom.

I read your impressions about Hx5v and check the photos in the thread and only can tell Woau! HHT, and Burnst Mode, and video are increible in that compact body! But people talk about not sharp images, i can not see this problem in images, maybe at full resolutions, i only see fantastic images.

Thanks again
HX5V Reviews
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/HX5V/HX5VA.HTM
http://cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Cyber-shot_DSC_HX5/
http://www.trustedreviews.com/digita...hot-DSC-HX5/p1
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_hx5v-review

The image sharpness issue isn't really an issue at all for 5x7 and 4x6 prints. Ins ome cases, you can even get awa with 8x10 prints. if you are going to be printing 8x10s or larger on a regular basis, then you would be better off with a different camera. For those who are printing only smaller prints, I think most will be quite pleased with the HX5V's IQ.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:41 PM   #107

Thanks for a great answer, FiveO-

You covered it all very exactly.

SGF-

Yes, I simply selected the Scene Modes, then I selected the Gourmet Scene Mode and took the photo. I used flash as I was inside my house where the was insufficient light for a hand held photo with the proper shutter speed that would prevent photo blurring.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:43 PM   #108

Default Reviews

Many thanks for the information,

I have read all of them, all are very interesting, but IMO only Trustedreviews and partly cameralabs inform of advantages of HHT, HDR modes. (and change his overall opinion about the camera)
I think these are actually the news in this camera, this + 1080i and 10fps at full 10 mpx (if you compare with the top ZS7=TZ10), other thing they have more or less the same ... GPS(with diferences),eg...

In terms of image quality Camera Labs give the same 16/20 in image quality that score ZS7 and Trusted Reviews 5/5 more than 4/5 of ZS7.

In terms of iQ with pocket superzoom camera do you think is better than Hx5v?
If somebody knows place where you can compare the same images taken with Lumix ZS7 and Sony HX5v I think would be really interesting.

Many thanks, itīs a nice forum with nice people

On the other hand, i donīt print photos since last century, I see only on electronical device (TV, monitor,...)
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:40 PM   #109

I found this web page very interesting, is called "comparometer" in Imaging Resource.

I can see more detail in ZS7, but only at maximun zoom on it ( maybe part is due to its 12 mpx instead Hx5v 10 mpx).
What do you think?
Both are very good, and I only prefer ZS7 in the shots at minimum ISO: 80 ISO- 125 ISO Hx5v. I would like can compare the images at 800 or 1600 ISO with HHT turn on in HxV5.

Last edited by zchymalaga; Apr 8, 2010 at 7:52 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:11 PM   #110
SGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Thanks for a great answer, FiveO-

You covered it all very exactly.

SGF-

Yes, I simply selected the Scene Modes, then I selected the Gourmet Scene Mode and took the photo. I used flash as I was inside my house where the was insufficient light for a hand held photo with the proper shutter speed that would prevent photo blurring.

Sarah Joyce

Thanks.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote