Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:48 AM   #121

Yes.. i will try some close-ups shortly.... so far, the close-up ones that I already took hasn't been good enough for posting...
Ric01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:19 AM   #122

http://www.photoreview.com.au/Sony/r...shot-hx5v.aspx

You can read in this very interesting review:

"Unfortunately, the high-speed burst mode was disappointing because it failed to find focus for almost all of our test shots showing a child jumping on a trampoline (surely a usage for which this mode was designed). We also recorded a comparatively high percentage of misses in low-light shots taken in the Easy, iAuto and P shooting modes when the Multi AF focus mode was used."

Have you tried it? Do you have this problem? Have you got photo series with objets fast moving to share with us?

IMHO is nonsense high burst speed photos if you can not focus them.
zchymalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:51 AM   #123

Antonio-

The beauty of forums and reviews is that everyone can have their own separate and independent opinion.

Personally, I have always held the position that every opinion is welcomed warmly. I refused to get into a argument over any camera or any issue.

So I encourage you to seek out every forum and every review in the process of making your own camera purchasing decision. I will continue to assist every poster, and to keep providing good HX5 photo samples.

I see forums as informational, not debating arenas. You are welcome to post any HX5 photos you may desire in this thread.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:38 PM   #124

In our continuing effort to stay abreast of all HX5 news and reviews, here is another HX5 review:

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...sc_hx5_review/

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:03 PM   #125

For those wondering about sharpness and detail in the HX5, here is a HX5 photo that debunks that impression.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:23 PM   #126

Has anyone seen the side-by-side video comparisons of the Panasonic ZS7 and Sony HX5V on YouTube? The Sony's video looks terrible in all lighting situation but truly fails in low-light. I was really quite surprised by this considering the low-light claims and claims of superior video performance. The Sony's stills look good to me so I am quite perplexed by its terrible video. The Panasonic does however have a serious issue with blooming when filming video due to its CCD sensor, which may negate its otherwise superior video for many users.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:54 PM   #127

FiveO-

It is my experience that some of the video side by side tests are a "set-up" designed to showcase the ZS7 video where it can perform and using a bad HX5 video sample.

There are lots of HX5 video samples that properly showcase the HX5's Active Super Steady shot that is especially good, and shows the excellent HX5 vido that the camera can do.

My money remains on the HX5.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:40 PM   #128

Sarah Joyce,

I did consider that possibility as well, but there are a variety of different scenarios used in the shots from sunny day shot to low-light night shots. One of the latest reviews on the HX5V shows the lack of video quality as well. Are there some settings that might affect the quality or perhaps some other reason for this?

The IS is definitely the best in class but the washed out colors would defeat any benefit that IS offered if there is no way around it.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:32 PM   #129

There will always be detractors. It is as simple as that. Here is the conclusion regarding the HX5's vide capability that PhotographyBlog came to in their review of the HX5. In the final analysis, I believe the HX5 will stand firm on its own merits.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:01 PM   #130

Here is another HX5 experiment. We had a sunset tonight (04/09) where the sun was setting into a fog bank. I used the HDR/Backlight Mode and was pleased with the result.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images