Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:21 PM   #171

I think it's the first I've heard that you can update the firmware of the Sony cameras in common. Is that true? as is? So what do I do with my T900.
Another thing, my T900 comes with 4x optical zoom to a maximum of 8x digital zoom and optical mix it ... As the hx5v to arrive?
Thanks
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:46 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric01 View Post
how do you normally "flash" firmware... it is a matter of updating with Japan firmware files to replace the existing ones? Would that invalidate the warranty of the camera?
It would invalidate the warranty if you had to RMA it and sent it out with firmware from another region. However, if the camera still turned on, you could simply flash it back to the original firmware before sending it out.

I have never actually even owned a Sony so I couldn't even begin to tell you how to flash an HX5V. I simply read that you could flash the HX5V on another camera forum. Japan uses NTSC though so if you live in PAL territory and the camera doesn't allow you to choose the format, then it's a moot point anyway.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:48 AM   #173

Hi i always used canon cameras i find them small and good ones, the last one i got was the sd890i, so i need an update, i didnt like the sx210 pop up flash at all, I was considering new cameras and the sony HX5v catched my eye.

The only thing that keeps me away is that a lot of sony camera users told me that when they use them in low light conditions and force the flash off to get a better detail the autofocus doesnt focus well, for example in a low light party without flash with friends the camera autofocus doesnt work well, like it did with canons ..

Can anyone post a picture of something like i mentioned above ? what about his issue ? is real in sony cameras? and what about in this new one?

Thanks
emblema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:15 PM   #174

emblema-

Welcome to the Forum and to the Sony P+S Folder.

Unfortunately, it sounds as if you are making conclusions based on hearsay information. I am a Sony HX5 user and I have not found any problems yet at all with low light level focusing. I have attached a photo sample taken at ISO 1600 without flash.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:34 PM   #175

Thanks mtclimber for the welcome.. that picture looks great and there is low noise for an iso 1600 shot in low light conditions.. i think i am sold .. i was considering the lumix tz10, but i feel they are cheap built ..
emblema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:39 PM   #176

Excuse me as I view the photos published in its orignal size?
Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:20 PM   #177

ciro2001max-

To save bandwidth on the Forum, any image posted is supposed to have a total area of less than 240,000 pixels. So you can easily see that posting a full resolution photo is not possible under our rules and it would not display properly on the Forum pages.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:24 PM   #178

Ok thanks for replying, I like to see in the forum a way to resize the pictures, it seems I saw something else. Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:26 PM   #179

I think Sarah Joyce posted a 100% crop of that photo previously though. Perhaps a few pages ago. I could swear I saw it somewhere.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:27 PM   #180

Can't wait to go home and open up my 2 new toys. Hmmm which one should I open first... HX5v or A550?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote