Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:06 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
I have attached a photo sample taken at ISO 1600 without flash.

Sarah Joyce
Nice pic Sarah. Are those peppers in a dark environment when you took the ISO 1600 shot unflash? Any small light source nearby?

Thanks
Ric01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:40 PM   #182

Have fun, meanstreak-

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:37 PM   #183

A query, here in Argentina, are selling black or gold (brought from another country) must be distinguished by gold? because right now I saw only black. And if there is not a matter of firmware version or something. Thanks
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:02 PM   #184

Quote:
Have fun, meanstreak-

Sarah Joyce
I plugged in the charger and went out for a few hours. When I got back home I found it unplugged because my wife had used the vacuum. I believe that the battery doesn't require a full charge prior to using but I always like to give batteries a full charge the first time around. By the time it was charged I didn't really get to try it out except to snap a few shots and checked out the panorama mode. I'll play with it during the day.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:07 PM   #185

Ric-

There was a small overhead light above the peppers. Just as I am doing with the Fuji HS-10 photo samples, I will begin to post the actual EXIF information on the face of any future posted HX5 photo sample. The Forum's software has a known habit of scrambling the EXIF information and rendering it un-readable by EXIF viewers.

Ciro2001max-

It is my understanding that the HX5 is only being produced in black and gold colors. The black color was the first to be shipped to the USA. The firmware is exactly the same, excepting for those HX5 cameras being shipped to the EU. By EU law the video recording time is limited to 29 minutes, and 59 seconds.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:08 PM   #186

Congratulations on your Hx5 purchase meanstreak. Enjoy...

Being very naive at first, I enjoyed the smile detection..... it works.. I am not sure if a smiling pet can trigger the camera to take a shot as well...I do not have a pet to test.

Regarding your concern of not fully charged batteries, I read somewhere that info-lithium batteries do not have memories which is good news. Normally, I charge them overnight to ensure full charge.

Last edited by Ric01; Apr 13, 2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:14 PM   #187

Quote:
Ric-

There was a small overhead light above the peppers. Just as I am doing with the Fuji HS-10 photo samples, I will begin to post the actual EXIF information on the face of any future posted HX5 photo sample. The Forum's software has a known habit of scrambling the EXIF information and rendering it un-readable by EXIF viewers.

Ciro2001max-

It is my understanding that the HX5 is only being produced in black and gold colors. The black color was the first to be shipped to the USA. The firmware is exactly the same, excepting for those HX5 cameras being shipped to the EU. By EU law the video recording time is limited to 29 minutes, and 59 seconds.

Sarah Joyce
Thank you for responding, you mean that there is a version that records more than 29 minutes? as identified? Also ask this because if there is a version without the problem of barrel distortion.
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:18 PM   #188

Quote:
Ric-

I will begin to post the actual EXIF information on the face of any future posted HX5 photo sample.
Thanks Sarah. It would be very helpful for learners like me.

Quote:
Ciro2001max-

By EU law the video recording time is limited to 29 minutes, and 59 seconds.

Sarah Joyce
All the more reason for video people like me to have dedicated camcorders just for videos. It is annoying to get cut-off by P & S in the middle of videoing a concert.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:18 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro2001max View Post
Thank you for responding, you mean that there is a version that records more than 29 minutes? as identified? Also ask this because if there is a version without the problem of barrel distortion.
The time limit restriction should not be present in US models. There is no version without the barrel distortion in wide angle video. There is a Sony rep who claimed it was fixed and all cameras shipping now would have it corrected. I have seen absolutely no proof that this Sony rep was being honest however.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:22 PM   #190

Quote:
Ric-
so, if i buy, for example, this one it will not have limit to video recording? or limit is on all hx5v cameras?

thanks
yurchik is offline   Reply With Quote