Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:03 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchik View Post
so, if i buy, for example, this one it will not have limit to video recording? or limit is on all hx5v cameras?

thanks
As far as I know, the US version does not have the time limit. I have looked in the HX5V manual though and I do not see an option to toggle the video format between PAL and NTSC. Therefore I do not think you could buy a US camera and use it fully in EU. You would be able to use it with your PC but you wouldn't be able to connect it to a TV.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:10 PM   #192

ok
i havent full hd tv))
yurchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:11 AM   #193

Guys, anyone know if the Pana Tz10 can take panoramic photos?
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 1:58 AM   #194

hmmmmm ... some people need a camera for panoramas, some for GPS, some for cat/bird/horse pictures ...

I make such pictures with EACH camera !

Make picture/picture/picture and use "autostitch" ... ready.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:16 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
hmmmmm ... some people need a camera for panoramas, some for GPS, some for cat/bird/horse pictures ...

Make picture/picture/picture and use "autostitch" ... ready.
I am a camera!
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:53 AM   #196

ciro2001max-

The TZ 10 reviews validate a reduced image quality and no panorama ability.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 1:55 PM   #197

I need some advice. I've been pleased with the HX5 for the most part but the real reason I went for it was for the video and lowlight ability. However, I finally got around to trying the video inside my house and at a restaurant and am quite disappointed with it. I found it to be soft and have a lot of noise. Outside, it's great. So, I'm thinking of returning it but before I do, are there any compact cameras out there that may perform better in low light/artificial light conditions? I did like the Panny ZS7 in comparison to the HX5 at night.
tallymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:10 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro2001max View Post
Guys, anyone know if the Pana Tz10 can take panoramic photos?
It offers some sort of stitch assist and of course you can also sticth on your own in post, but it does not offer a "Sweep Panorama" like the HX5V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post

Some people need useless posts just to "hear" themselves "speak."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallymom View Post
I need some advice. I've been pleased with the HX5 for the most part but the real reason I went for it was for the video and lowlight ability. However, I finally got around to trying the video inside my house and at a restaurant and am quite disappointed with it. I found it to be soft and have a lot of noise. Outside, it's great. So, I'm thinking of returning it but before I do, are there any compact cameras out there that may perform better in low light/artificial light conditions? I did like the Panny ZS7 in comparison to the HX5 at night.
The ZS7's night video is better than the HX5 but the ZS7's indoor still photos are likely to disappoint you. You can check out the Fuji F80EXR.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:29 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallymom View Post
It depends on the light level that you are referring to. While some cameras are better than others and recognizing that camcorders are even better, there are still situations where even the best consumer grade products are still going to produce results below expectations. I have a high-end Panasonic 3 CCD camcorder with high quality lens that on occasion still requires addtional lighting in certain rooms of my house or other low light indoor situations.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:14 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
Some people need useless posts just to "hear" themselves "speak."
After reading your posting, short thinking, turning head right to left ... left to right ... I confess:

YOU SPEAK TRUTH! Si tacuisses ...
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote