Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:50 AM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
LTZ-

You might want to follow a thread called "A Direct Comparison of Compact Zoom Cameras" that is located in the What Camera Should I Buy Folder. I started that thread after some discussions with 5-O. Thus far we have compared the HX5 to the Panasonic ZS3, and when I receive my ZS7 tomorrow (04/27) it will also be added to the comparison thread.

Sarah Joyce
I look forward to that comparison, which deserves a new thread. Please take pictures of red things. This is what stops me to buy Sony tx7/hx5v, I have this problem with my T900. Thank you very much
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:16 AM   #292

Ciro-

I have already started the thread. It began on Sunday (25 April) in the What camera Should I Buy Folder. Thanks for your input.

Sarah Joyce

EDIT: OK Ciro, the Red Test photos have been posted, and as you suspected, the Panasonic ZS3 was better with red color.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Apr 27, 2010 at 12:24 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:33 PM   #293

What card should I get, Pro-HG or SDHC? Can this camera use a class 10 SDHC? I want the fastest card I can get.
tj1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:48 PM   #294

I am using both types for Hx5: class 10 SDHC 16G and class 4 SDHC 16G

Both works fine for HD video and multi-burst and I seem to not be able to detect the difference yet..
Ric01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:47 PM   #295

Quote:
Ciro-

I have already started the thread. It began on Sunday (25 April) in the What camera Should I Buy Folder. Thanks for your input.

Sarah Joyce

EDIT: OK Ciro, the Red Test photos have been posted, and as you suspected, the Panasonic ZS3 was better with red color.

Sarah Joyce
Kind enough to answer, I'm looking, I look forward to the comparison with the tz10. Thanks
ciro2001max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:54 PM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1551 View Post
What card should I get, Pro-HG or SDHC? Can this camera use a class 10 SDHC? I want the fastest card I can get.
All you need is a good Class 4. Check reviews for actual performance as advertised performance means nothing. You can however use a Class 6 or Class 10 if you wish. You will gain nothing in performance though. Beware of reliability issues with the ultra cheap brands. (i.e. Adata)
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:55 PM   #297

Ciro-

The TZ10/ZS7 photo samples are already posted.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:01 PM   #298

Quote:
Ciro-

The TZ10/ZS7 photo samples are already posted.

Sarah Joyce
How do you think the ZS7 compares to the HX5, given the similar feature set? I am stuck between these two...I find myself still wanting the GPS feature, and I don't want to have sunlight streaks in my videos as I would have in the Panasonic line. Any opinions on low-light performance? I know that is supposed to be a strength of the Sony camera.
perdolum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:20 PM   #299

perdolum-

We have not finished with the thread called Compact Zoom Comparison" which is located in the "What Camera Should I Buy" folder. That comparison will be limited to still photos and it will not include any video clips.

As time allows, (I am a full time wife and care giver to a handicapped husband and I am still teaching) I will be adding more HX5 and ZS3 photo samples under various lighting conditions and camera settings. Please understand that the lens flare/imager flare only occurs in videos that are shot directly into the sun or a strong light source.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:06 PM   #300
SGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdolum View Post
Any opinions on low-light performance? I know that is supposed to be a strength of the Sony camera.
I am very pleased with the low-light performance with the HX5. I got some great shots of a dance show from far up in the audience with very little light. Also got some good photos of portrait shots with little light on a cruise ship deck at night. The HX5 definitely performs well in low-light. That was one of the main reasons I decided to purchase it over the ZS7.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote