Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 4, 2010, 1:23 PM   #331

Thanks, Michael-

That is excellent information. We're looking forward to the sample photos.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 6:13 PM   #332

Hi, was just wondering if there are Black & White and Sepia modes built into the camera itself, or does it need to be done by Photo Editing software afterwards?
cozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 10:28 AM   #333

Michael, thanks for posting those awesome pics!! I am going to try the sports burst mode at the next game. I am finding the burst mode to be such a fun feature in many situations, and it's easy to turn on/off. I have some great ones of trying to get our 3 kids to pose for a picture - the riot prior to the snap.

I'm still experimenting with the program and iAuto modes, and I'm having a tough time figuring out if one is better. It seems like the iAuto does a better job in low light and Program in reasonable light. I am just learning the art of photography so the Program might be effected by my lack of expertise. I would love to hear your thoughts on that one.

Thanks!
Jan
Jan851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 10:48 AM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan851 View Post
Michael, thanks for posting those awesome pics!! I am going to try the sports burst mode at the next game. I am finding the burst mode to be such a fun feature in many situations, and it's easy to turn on/off. I have some great ones of trying to get our 3 kids to pose for a picture - the riot prior to the snap.

I'm still experimenting with the program and iAuto modes, and I'm having a tough time figuring out if one is better. It seems like the iAuto does a better job in low light and Program in reasonable light. I am just learning the art of photography so the Program might be effected by my lack of expertise. I would love to hear your thoughts on that one.

Thanks!
Jan
thanks!!

i am like you, can't really decide wether to use P or iAuto, most of the time iAuto makes great decisions but sometimes I wanna lock the Iso to 125 so then I use P, or if I can't get a good af, I might change to spot or similiar.

please post pics here! it is always fun to see other pictures just to compare what the HX5 CAN do
CyberTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 4:59 PM   #335

cybertron-

You say, "post more pictures" am I missing something? Have you taken not of the photos that I posted in this thread. And then add in all the photos that I posted in the "Comparison of Compact Zoom Cameras"

With over 14,000 post on this web site, I more than do my share. How about some of you who are having problems with the HX5, posting some photos. Using those sample we can tell you, how to make the required corrections and get much better photos.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; May 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM.
Old May 8, 2010, 1:50 AM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
cybertron-

You say, "post more pictures" am I missing something? Have you taken not of the photos that I posted in this thread. And then add in all the photos that I posted in the "Comparison of Compact Zoom Cameras"

With over 14,000 post on this web site, I more than do my share. How about some of you who are having problems with the HX5, posting some photos. Using those sample we can tell you, how to make the required corrections and get much better photos.

Sarah Joyce
Hi Sarah!

You misunderstood my post, i know you have posted a lot of photos and I am grateful for that!! BUT my reply was to Jan85 that he/she should take a lot of photos, learn the camera and post some photos here so we can exchange more photos!!
like him/her i am learning, and sometime it is good that "not so good" photographers post their photos as well as the one that can show off the cameras potential (like you Sarah)

So take no offense of my last post if was meant for Jan851.
anyway, below are some more pictures taken from the hx5v, they are not edited in any way except resized.

/Michael
Attached Images

Last edited by CyberTron; May 8, 2010 at 1:58 AM.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:42 AM   #337

Thanks for the photos. They are very nice. I will attempt to post some sometime, although at this point that is beyond my learning. It's a nice day here today so I'm hoping to get a chance to enjoy the camera.

One question...do you all adjust your white balance in the camera or leave it on Auto?

Thanks!
Jan851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2010, 12:28 PM   #338

Michael-

Thanks for the post. Now I understand much better.

Jan-

Yes, you should adjust your White Balance to cope properly with changing light in different photo environments. It is easy to do. Yes, as Michael mentioned, when you post photos here in the Forum, we are able to analyze your photos and to provide tips to help you improve your photos.

Sarah Joyce
Old May 8, 2010, 1:29 PM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan851 View Post
Thanks for the photos. They are very nice. I will attempt to post some sometime, although at this point that is beyond my learning. It's a nice day here today so I'm hoping to get a chance to enjoy the camera.

One question...do you all adjust your white balance in the camera or leave it on Auto?

Thanks!
well, I tend to leave it at auto most of the time, however I have noticed that the flashWB setting is good to have when shooting indoors. (in certain situations)

I question for Sarah: How does one use the "set wb"?? and what should I point it to, something white?
Old May 8, 2010, 6:14 PM   #340

Michael-

WB is set using the menu. There are "pre-sets" such as Auto WB, Sunny, Cloudy etc and then, moving to the far right on the WB selection you will find Custom WB.

Sarah Joyce