Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 30, 2010, 3:41 PM   #441

yes
i have many many animals at home, like in zoo )
yurchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2010, 5:04 PM   #442

Can you take some landscape shots at 12x zoom and also post a 100% crop of the worse area of the picture (according to your judgment, of course)? I've got a ZS3 and some of the results are abysmal. So, I'd like to compare the two. BTW, your images look good!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:59 AM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Can you take some landscape shots at 12x zoom and also post a 100% crop of the worse area of the picture (according to your judgment, of course)? I've got a ZS3 and some of the results are abysmal. So, I'd like to compare the two. BTW, your images look good!
If you're referring to the HX5V, any shot at full zoom is at least equally bad as the ZS3 if not worse.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 5:46 PM   #444

To CyberTron, the sunset picture is awsome.
NileLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:17 AM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by NileLily View Post
To CyberTron, the sunset picture is awsome.
Hi!
Thank you,it was taken for a birthday card for my wife. I got down to harbour just a few kilometers from my home and captured like 200 pictures to get "the one"

/Michael
CyberTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 5:27 PM   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveO View Post
If you're referring to the HX5V, any shot at full zoom is at least equally bad as the ZS3 if not worse.
I agree... shooting at full zoom had been a challenge for me especially if using free hand to hold the Hx5v...I have to shoot many shots to harvest the best shot... below is a Hx5v zoom shot of a mountain top castle taken from a moving boat

Ric01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 5:37 PM   #447

To put the distance into perspective, here's a regular shot of the castle before the zoom

Old Jun 6, 2010, 6:01 PM   #448

Another zoom shot using Hx5v... first shot was a zoomed facade of the second regular non-zoom photo below

Hx5v Zoom - free hand

Non-zoom
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:13 AM   #449

hi. ive had my Sony hx5G for about 3 weeks now. its very good for a pocket camera .. which is why i bought it. the panorama is probably the main reason as i did have a Fuji s1000 which had that feature. i was originally looking for the Samsung WB650 but no-one had one. i couldnt even get one online unless i paid a bit more ... and then there was the postage.
some niggles compared to my PL70 pocket cam is the WB and EXP. the sony tends to over expose all the time and the color tones i feel can be a tad cold towards the blue. trying to get a good sunrise picture is difficult. theres just no way to get that chip inside to go to the RED ! ive tried hard with varing shades of blue in the set WB but no joy. personally i prefer to make the adjustments in-camera rather than software. the EXP is not so much of a problem as ive tweaked it in the menu. again ive found it remembers your setting in P mode ... but not in movie or any other i like to use! strange.
the backlight correction is good and i think for a pocket camera the movie is fantastic. overall im pleased with the results.
some pics here >>
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

oh and i quite like the panorama for those extra wide shots .. even though its been said they are of a lower Q.
some movie tests can be seen here >>
http://www.youtube.com/user/808FlyBy

great site ... enjoyed the discussions ive read so far. ive got a lot of reading catching up to do.
russ
russzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 7:59 AM   #450

Quote:
this is just an example, the second picture is taken with my old panasonic fx35 after a few seconds from the first pic taken the HX5... look at how stronger the green color is!
And i guarantee you that in real life it looks much more panasonic-like than sony-like! post #349
mvaldes555 .. hi this is just how i found my camera. have another look at the 2 pictures in the low light areas ... round the tree leaves. the detail is more apparent in the Sony picture. i would guess its over exposing as my one does. try doing the same test and adjust the exposure. you could try a burst setting and find a compromise. mine works really well at 0.7ev - 1.0ev. also it may bring the color back to life too. i could be wrong .. but it works for me. by the way IMO .. the 2 pictures look similar other than that.
russ

hope you dont mind. ive tweaked the exposure. whoa .. where did that color come from? mm the sony is better in the white areas for me.

Last edited by russzero; Jun 17, 2010 at 8:15 AM. Reason: add tweaked picture
russzero is offline   Reply With Quote