Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirraway View Post
Agreed #4 is a bit of a stretch but ok for any rare situations I may come across, but for a pocket camera i am more than pleased, still use my H5 for any serious shots requiring telephoto.

Camera: Sony DSC-H5

Attachment 158624
I think sony makes a very good point and shoot camera, and have a heck of a point and shoot line up. I am seriously considering a TX5. It is decently rugged. And very compact.

Sony makes good and bad products like all the other brands out there.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:39 PM   #22

It comes down to the right tool for the right job. Each DSLR has their straight and weakness. The A550 is a very good dslr, most likely a equal to the d90 minus the HD.

But if you are into a 1 lens solution, sony has a very decent line up of megazoom lenses. And if you shoot in Liveview, it does has the best LV system in a dslr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanJonsson View Post
Blah, blah, blah.........
Sony makes excellent products and with their acquisition of Minolta camera as well as the Minolta design team their DSLR products are first rate.
While Sony does'nt have the wide range of lenses that Canikon does, you are able to take advantage of the large array of legacy Minolta AF glass.
The A900 & A850 are fantastic FF bodies, the A700 a real workhorse used by many Pros, the often overlooked A550 as well as the entry level models.
I would not hesitate to dive into the Sony line. The truth is, most state of the art DSLR's surpass the user's ability. Unless you have very specific technical requirements for a particular photographic tool.
Sony products will likely exceed your expectations.
Keep in mind, it's not the camera, it's the photographer.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:51 PM   #23

always had good luck with various Sony stuff, music/photo etc...
last cam was a sony and gave us 5 good years and still works tho we had to tape the button back on.

had ONE bunk sony product. a cheap cd/tape boombox for my son's room. has crazy fritz-out trouble playing Cd's now.... will work eventually (not just burned, retail too) but very frustrating to have that happen after just 2 years. oh well.

i'm strongly considering the H55 point/shoot digital right now.....
TLF18 is offline   Reply With Quote