Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:28 AM   #1

Default Sony TX9

Nice new features ...

3D Sweep Panorama (like Sony NEX), 3D Sweep Multi Angle, 12 Mpixels ... Background Defocussing !

Just press the shutter button: the advanced Exmor R™ CMOS Sensor inside the Cyber-shot™ WX5 and TX9 captures a high-speed burst of frames as you sweep the camera from side to side. Information from up to 100 images is automatically combined to create a stereoscopic pair of frames. You can enjoy the incredible results by connecting the camera by HDMI to your 3D-compatible TV.

Cyber-shot™ offers even more exciting 3D image possibilities. Also new this year, Sweep Multi Angle shoots a high-speed burst of fifteen frames, creating a ‘3D-style’ image of your subject that can be viewed from different angles. After shooting, just tilt the Cyber-shot™ from side to side: sensors inside the camera detect your movements, scrolling through the sequence of multi-angle frames as you tilt and view the camera’s LCD screen. Multi-angle views can also be viewed simultaneously on an ordinary 2D television as you tilt the camera.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1007/10...ywx5tx9t99.asp
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:30 AM   #2

They also released the WX5 and T99 along with the TX9.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/news/...t_cameras.html
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 1:34 PM   #3

I've TX7 and (short) NEX5 ... I'm no SONY-friend&fan, but these two cameras are EXCELLENT! And I think TX9 will be also.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 1:18 AM   #4

So I'm in the market and have been researching higher-end compact point and shoot touch screen cameras. My research show that the Sony TX7 is one of the best. I know the TX9 is being released in less than two months, but cannot yet find a side-by-side features comparison. Other than 3D capabilities and a bump in the megapixels, what are the differences?

Thanks.
murphy333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:17 AM   #5

I think there are not much differences (how said: 3D + 12mpixels) ... if IQ is same as TX7, then it's okay ... price of TX7 will go down :-)

Let's wait for TX11 ...

PS: I daily use TX7 ... despite of 20 other cameras ;-) It's always in my pocket - and really the best