Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 22, 2011, 7:42 AM   #101

Have had the cam for awhile, and when this catches on maybe one day people will be amazed with it. As for now it is just another cam here . No pro and when time permits for all maybe people will share how they get such amazing defocused shot. Well if these buttons were not embedded so deeply we be with a much better cam
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:20 PM   #102

Hi,

This is a question for the HX9V owners. I recently purchased online a SONY HX9V. I received the unit and found that the lens barrel of the camera can be moved or shaken relative to the camera body. Is this normal? Can you do the same on your HX9V? I worry that this camera may be defective. Thanks in advance for any advice...

Evelyn
cjyang201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:04 PM   #103

I was worried too in the beginning, but it's normal!
Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:21 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjyang201 View Post
Hi,

This is a question for the HX9V owners. I recently purchased online a SONY HX9V. I received the unit and found that the lens barrel of the camera can be moved or shaken relative to the camera body. Is this normal? Can you do the same on your HX9V? I worry that this camera may be defective. Thanks in advance for any advice...

Evelyn
Meaning if you take the cam in hand in the Off position and just give it a good shuffle. As well in hand while it is on. and placing your hand on the barrel itself

YES its NORMAL

I feel it shake. now if you're going to worry bout that, imagine doing video in a motion car you'll hear the bibration of the lens. it is well built and holds its grounds, if you ask me?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:09 PM   #105

Tripod

Does anyone know if the Sony VCT-60AV Remote Control Tripod
is suitable for controlling the HX9V?

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Thanks!
Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:49 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjyang201 View Post
Hi,

Evelyn
Agreed... this is normal. Mine does it as well.
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:00 AM   #107

Hey guys, my HX7V had an unfortunate meeting with the sidewalk this weekend just before my dad's surprise 65th Birthday. Needless to say, none of the Sony travel zoom cameras are anything close to shock proof. This is one of the few toys that I bought that I would recommend getting the Best Buy protection plan or equivalent for. In any case, there is a positive to all of this. I was able to return the camera to Costco for a full refund.

There were some things that I didn't like about the HX6... the oversaturated, overexposed look of the stills and the lack of manual controls that would allow me to correct color and saturation. So, instead of getting a replacement HX7, I decided to pick up the Panasonic ZS10, which had a $70 instant rebate off of costco's already reduced price---$250. I thought this was a good deal until I got it home and took some test pictures and videos. After 200 photos using all different settings, it was apparent that the ZS10 was a total POS. What a disappointment as my wife's TZ7 takes gorgeous pictures. The video was as grainy, dull and lifeless as the stills. It looked as though someone smeared vasoline on the lens and then added noise and grain to the picture. Nice! So, less than 24 hours after purchase, the ZS10 (or TZ20 if you're in Europe) was back to Costco.

Last night I caved and picked up the HX9 (10% off coupon from BB). What a difference. I didn't expect the IQ to be all that different between the HX7 and the HX9, but the difference is very noticeable. Even in instant auto, the red push issue on the HX7 was not in evidence. Reds were still oversaturated--as are yellows to a lessor degree---but with adjustments made and saved to the MR+ mode (not available on the HX7), the color looks accurate. Stills and video are all that and then some. I still want to play with this camera for a few days, but I'll post a full video review on youtube over the weekend. Anyone reading this and wondering whether to go with the HX7, ZS10 or HX9--I can tell you in all honesty, the HX9 is worth the extra money.
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 5:39 PM   #108

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NaieJYMCns

thought I toss this up together, I have a dozen cams LOL or more, not worth to do each and every single one ha ha ha. so here I did a lil cloning and side by side, you can see how the kodaks and sony look.

It's not about the Best cam or $$ spent. just enjoy that moment.

Sometimes the wide angle is to much. You at the scene can see that object/subkject, but when at home you say it's not in the shot. that is why I say that, wide angle is great but sometimes overkill.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:59 PM   #109

New battery ordered, and as a spare or not, at least it's not 50.00 at a store. it's backup for what is a excellent extended battery life of this sony.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:41 PM   #110

Default A Day in Richmond with the Sony HX9V: Video

http://vimeo.com/27262492

Richmond, VA. Birds, ducks, cranes, flowers, fountains, children in congressional session, constitutional debate in the capitol, flowing water, train, "Oh, Susannah" instrumental.

Wide shots, telephoto shots, indoor shots. 108060p, of course.

Original video, unprocessed by Vimeo, availabel for download as well.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote