Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:01 AM   #1

Default Sony F828 Flash

I just bought this camera, is comparing it with digital rebel. So far, I have just done some indoor low light shooting.

The flash on F828 is so strong, it makes everythng looks flat. I tried to adjust the lightness in the software, it gets better. But there is no comparison with the photo from digital rebel.

Any ideas?
happytravelmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:36 AM   #2

Can you adjust the exposure compensation, just for the flash? If you can, turn it down by a half stop (-0.5EV) or so and see how that looks. If still too strong, continue turning it down until it looks right to you.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:44 AM   #3

Default F828 Flash

I will give it a try.

I am not sure I can adjust exposure component in auto mode.

Thanks for your help
happytravelmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 1:30 AM   #4

:? .....auto mode.....auto mode.......
why if you are so concerned about flash lighting are you using auto?

This camera has so much to offer and the only way you are going to get those results is to 'play with the settings'.

If auto is all you need for this camera then you will be joining the anti-sony band.
Ardent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 9:36 AM   #5

There is so such thing called powerful built in flash, most built in flashes are handy to handle the fill in function outdoor. To have enough coverge for in door shots, you must consider to get an external flash, in this case is the new Sony TTL flash.

Overexpsoure is mostly due to improper metering technique and the understanding of basic exposure, but it always can be handled to control that if you know how. So , how you are you going to do that? most better way is to look at the pilot shot then make adjustment accordingly, that 's digital photography is all about, that's also the beauty of it, be able to view the picture right away to correct you mistake (remember the day when professional photogrhers must use polaroid back to do this). So learn how to use camera better, but not to blame on it, remember it's only a tool, how to get a better result it mostly up to you.

Cheers
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote