Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:54 PM   #21

Default Another Bloggie 3D video

http://youtu.be/w0IF8HtftU4?hd=1

Trip to Union Square NYC with 3D Bloggie. Trains, the subway, squirrels, a contortionist, fountains, food, Andy Warhol.

Shot with 3D in mind, and colors for anaglyph.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2011, 7:38 PM   #22

Bloggie3D *.MPO pictures - ony left picture shown

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:10 PM   #23

Default Workflow

Mark,

Great tips for the 3D Bloggie. I just got mine yesterday. I tried shooting with a Gorilla Pod and the footage was too shaky. I've invested $20 in a Silk F143 tripod. I'm going to use your tip of converting it to a shoulder mount.

What is your 3D Bloggie workflow? I'm using a Mac with FCP.

Right now, I convert the footage to ProRes422. Import to FCP. I wrote a script that renders the footage in 2D, so I can edit it. I edit. Then delete the filter to send it back to 3D. Then I upload it to YouTube to watch. I don't have a 3D tv at the moment. I'd love to streamline the process if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers,
---J
3DCatnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:30 PM   #24

I'm not sure this is of much help to a Mac user, but I use Sony Vegas Pro. It natively accepts the Bloggie 3D video clips, shows them in the 3D viewing of your choice (e.g., anaglyph) while editing (or 2D if you want). No conversions, and you see what the final 3D product looks like while editing. This is important, because some shots in 2D are bad in 3D (e.g. a windows violation or just plain no depth, which are not apparent in 2D). And one can make a 3D (or 2D) bluray from the clips right from the timeline that will play in any bluray player.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 1:37 AM   #25

Default First 3D Bloggie Test Spin...

I uploaded my first 3D Bloggie Experience to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApls2uPayk

I shot at Grauman's Chinese Theatre for about an hour. I didn't shoot with 3D in mind. More of an experiment to learn what works, what doesn't. Excuse the framing. The sidewalk was packed with kiosks, people and various barriers --- all of which couldn't be moved to get that extra foot or two so I frame up. That, and in full sunlight, the screen is almost impossible to see. At times I was just shooting in the general area. I can only watch on red/cyan glasses, so I'm interested in hearing what the footage looks like with post-1950's tech.

Cheers,

--- J
3DCatnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:03 AM   #26

Flickr has a group dedicated to pictures taken with the Bloggie 3d camera. You can check out the photo pool here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1680701...th/5919456926/
SWIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:21 AM   #27

Sony Bloggie3D

Fuji W3
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:09 PM   #28

3Ds with Sony TX7

Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:32 PM   #29

Default Making 3D videos from Bloggie 3D clips

The Sony 3D Bloggie is probably the best (single) 3D video camera below $1,000.

Apart from the video specs and the lack of manual controls and everyone's favorite topic (interaxial distance), there are two issues with respect to sound:

1. The audio cuts out before the end of the video clip, sometimes by almost 1 second. This means that one cannot simply line up the clips on a timeline and produce a video without audio gaps, unlike for the clips of almost all the consumer camcorders I know.

2. The audio is pumped up, so background noise (not internal camera noise) is amplified.

All of this means to produce a watchable 3D video from the Bloggie clips one needs to edit more than with a standard camcorder.

There are two ways to deal with the audio cut-offs: (1) trim the ends of every clip so the audio ends when the video ends. (2) Use crossfade transitions, which are very easy to do in Vegas Pro or Platinum.

And then reduce the volume of the audio when there is only ambient background noise, which otherwise will be too loud.

This video makes use of crossfades to eliminate audio glitches and audio volume control. It is not just a test clip of someone's backyard, but an exploration of Bryant Park in NYC: there is ping pong, library reading inside and out, chess, a carousel ride, bocce, fountain play, and jazz, in 3D!

http://youtu.be/QArdud3IYO4?hd=1
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:27 AM   #30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmISX76bgek
Here is a link to my latest YouTube Video
It's a 3D montage of autumn foliage in my hometown
All of the photos were taken with a Sony 3D Bloggie.
I didn't do any kind of correcting or aligning of the
stills, they are directly from the camera.
Editing was minimal just a wipe transition between stills
and some piano music for the background. I was impressed
by the stills I got from the little Bloggie. Hope you enjoy the video
3DMOVIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote