Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:15 PM   #51

So what cam do you think this is yep the HX9V. Yep Sitting home, hoping the HX20Vw ill do its job? Do not think I need to worry, for now? I got my trusting Kodak Playtouch, and Iphone, as back ups, with me?

I have no regrets. Video is awesome., just locked on a number of items we are not allowed to use?

Stills, like said most look like rain? depth gets lost, and brightness levels got to be dropped, to get the depth in there?

This is on the run, no guessing. point-n--shoot cam?

Heck I did not pay, for this cam, no way, I used my mile points. And that was a good thing. So no complaints just good days and bad days how I feel.

Got 4 batt's and a 32 and 16 gb card ready to go, and we'll see how she does.........

Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:11 PM   #52

Shot over 120 plus Gb of Video & Stills, Four good spots on the digital stills as well video. Am I upset?

Below are two excellent shots. random picks. If I did not point out the spots, you may never know?

Are they on the outside on the lens, or on the inner side? Are they water spots, are they alcohol spots, are they on just one of the inner lenses, or multiple?

Can I clean this myself?> should I send in my camera, or should I give up on the camera, or use my cam as a spare?

I found that the Inner lens was filled with Moisture, as it is a fully enclosed case> so could I say 120gb plus video is all shot to hell. well for one thing, it's not the End of the world, as this was taken in Balize the Mayan ceremonial site , Old/new river.

that is Life

Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:10 AM   #53

Shooting in a theater, clearly seeing that the Lights were shining BLUE, the spot lights, stage lights, camera records it in a totally different color. I recheck to see if in A-I anything incorrectly on, nope. Made sure on spin wheel down, and choosing a particular color, I purposely set, and camera records, totalla wrong color.

BIG BUMMER sony. cannot get blue to record blue, wht gives?

it records in another color, if anyone else came across tht I am sure you will tell ohteeres the actual color, it records. I leave you all hang for a short time till I get the video uploaded
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:10 AM   #54

Sorry Sometimes I have typed it right and later its wrong, Lol

In the HX9V there is a doc on scene select, not on the HX20V swear I typed that.

Last edited by fishycomics; Dec 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:09 AM   #55

Not a whole lot of activity here...I've been following the updates because I have the HX20. I like the camera and I think my experiences have been a bit more positive. I manage to get some real good images with it. My biggest complain is with lens distortion. Sure I can take pictures of a large crowd in a confined space w/o having to step back that much. In fact, I was just in that type of situation and somebody said..."can you get all of us in the picture? You are so close!". Well, the answer was...YES, I can. But then, when I uploaded the images, I felt like smashing the darn camera. The distortion caused by the lens was so severe that most pics were unusable. People looked horrible. Since I don't have Photoshop (or any other "paid" photo editor), I don't know how I can correct such a significant distortion. So, lesson learned. I cannot shoot people with the lens at its widest angle. I'll have to zoom in 2-3x to reduce distortion. My old Panasonic ZS6 does a much better job in that department.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:32 AM   #56

Tullio. Steves is a booming site, I cannot keep up to busy ...a ghost town it is?

I love the HX20V, do not get me wrong?

As I learn to use it. I had one shot. to take, the video will enlarge from 25mm to 26mm, wait is this supposed to be a 25mm camera, and 25mm video?

the HX9V is hmm 24mm 1 mm difference.

So as I got 1000's of just shots, thanks Sony.

I was able to get this one perfect one.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:33 AM   #57

and one not so perfect one, dam head

Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:07 PM   #58

This forum is a ghost town for sure. Some other forums like the Panasonic P&S are pretty active. In any case, I don't think it's good to have a camera with such a WA lens if the distortion produced by such a lens is not corrected by the JPEG engine, which is the case with the HX20.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 1:28 PM   #59

The curtain is not the color of the spot light? And the spot light is not the color on the curtain. that was my complaint? If not there then you not understand till you come across it yourself?

Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:34 PM   #60

Aha... the dreaded purple...!! I had a Fuji that used to have trouble with blue/purples...!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote