Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:06 AM   #71

OK, I think the m4/3 system is a good compromise between size and IQ (and it's not Sony). Personally I quite like Sony cameras. Some of my best cameras to date were/are Sony. I love my old R1 and H1 (although the H1 is now retired). I had two DSLRs, the A200 and A300 and the biggest mistake I made was to switch to Olympus at the time. So much so that two days ago I received an almost new A300 I bought from an Amazon seller for a mere $200...a steal really considering how good of a camera it is. It's a 5-year old model but nonetheless, an excellent performer with just 10 Mp. I had Nikon DSLR cameras but did not care fro them that much. I must say I never had a Canon but I borrowed my friend's T1i when it came out and did not like it either. But, I think cameras are very personal and people like different brands/models for different reasons. I know some people who like Nikon just for the status. Sure in the old days having a Nikon indicated that you either were a professional or someone with a lot of money. Those two factors are far from reality these days. Nikon and Canon cameras are just as affordable as Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, etc. Not only that, they are all very comparable in terms of features, build quality and IQ. Let us know what you decided to replace your HX20 with.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:09 PM   #72

Thank you. I agree. The camera has to call out your name, if it does not, then I dio not want it? Jk

I will look into a simple model that will not lock the 1080P MP4. But like I said I have my HX9V to fall back on.

As long as I have that. I may not look for another camera for a long, long time?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:35 AM   #73

That's a good way to go. I personally spend unnecessary money on cameras/lenses and I don't even know why... boredom perhaps? Last year I was a good boy and only bought one lens at the very end of the year. This year didn't start too well...as I mentioned, I just bought the A300. Hopefully I'll sell some of my gear and won't buy anything else.

Tullio
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:22 PM   #74

Default problems with hx20v

i have the camera for a few months now and its perfect for me, but still i have a few problems with it:

- sometimes when use flash, theres a delay of up to 5 seconds from pushing the button to actually reacting and taking the pic. (button held, otherwise doesnt react at all) does enybody have the same problem or know a solution for that?????

- when using "continuous shooting" mode, shooting 10 pics in a incredible short amount of time while pressing shutter button, i cant see the pics when i transfer them to my PC. the files are displayed as one image and this one image cannot be displayed at all.

- neither can i watch the hd videos on the computer.
i downloaded all kinds of media players but nothing works.

please help!!!!

Thanks, Viktoria
la.austriaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:29 PM   #75

Does the "delay" occur even with the very first picture you take with flash? If not, I think you are trying to take too many pictures in a short period of time and the camera does not have enough time to charge up the flash between shots. If the battery is not fully charged, the delay can be even longer. With the flash forced ON, the camera won't take the shot until the flash is fully charged.

What memory card are you using? It sounds like the card is not fast enough to record the images taken in burst mode and things are getting corrupted. I haven't had this problem with a class 6 card.

What's happening when you try to play the videos on the computer? It could be that your computer does not have enough processing speed. Is it old? When I try to play HD videos on my old laptop, they won't play. If that's the case, you may have to change the video format in the camera.

Tullio
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:08 AM   #76

what i remember burst mode will shoot As many as up to 10 if you hold down the shutter, if you let go. at 5 then 5 get taken. If you hear the shutter click, but say you do not see the shot. Maybe the spinwheel is on Brown the low level. So toy see a progress bar ...

Also in the menu you can raise and lower ev -3, -7 and add activ, that will give you a before , during and after shot, hear the cam click a good 3 times to.

So maybe that is what you are hearing and not seeing the camera choosing the best shots for you?

Video you will need a faster sd card. if the card is class 2 you will records the 1st second and camera will BUFFER. lost video. class 4 the same thing. you must use a faster sd card.

to watch back on the pv the sd card should be loaded to the pc and not playing from the camera as the driver.

you can open up the driver and loate the files a few ways.

under private or root....
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:21 AM   #77

I been thinking of a broken HX20V purchase but th e prices were kind of steep. So I been thinkig ofa used purchase, but the price is as near as a new one. So Iam thinking if a great deal does come by, I may grab a new HX20V, and then trade off orsell the HX9V.

What truely stops me, from a repurchase, this is not a fully functional camera, the files transfered are not to my number liking. and deleting files are per day and not delete all, unless you intialize, which I find ery annoying?

If I get a canon the HD1080 60f is not there, if I get a Nikon, its all manual zoom, (saves battery life). SO I will be on the search oneday, when I have the time to find a 20x plus optical zoom, with image stab, and hd1080P60f in BOTH mp4, and otehr file.

BTW people come and they just go/
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:47 PM   #78

People don't go, they just don't comment sometimes.

Tullio
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:25 PM   #79

Its later.

Last edited by fishycomics; Mar 25, 2013 at 3:43 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 6:34 AM   #80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaOcQ...ature=youtu.be

back at ya.