Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 25, 2004, 9:24 PM   #11

A bag is not the issue here... i have enough bags and backpacks to carry all my gear around.
No, sometimes all I need to do is take the camera out of my backpack but still have the camera protected in a small container whilst I climb up a tree (or whatever).
My sleevless jacket carries any other small gear required.

At least I have found a suppier who can provide the cover at approx half the price coming from Sony-style....
Ardent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 10:20 PM   #12

Just filled out my registration for the 828 and got 20% off on a new flash, remote and bag. Remote item # is RM-VD1. Just go to the sony site. Cost me $49 minus 20%.=$39.99.

Marion
marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 11:44 PM   #13

Since I didn't get the registration card with the camera it took weeks to work my way through a web of numerous contacts with Sony support. I finally got a "discount code" and went to Sony Style to get the accessories that I wanted (the flash and the cable release) only to find out they were out of stock!! I clicked over to B&H Photo/video and actually ordered the two items for less than I could have purchased from Sony with the 20% discount.
I pray I don't ever have to use Sony support again. What a waste of time.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 6:30 PM   #14

Agree..
As I said in my previous in this thread:-
At least I have found a suppier who can provide the cover at approx half the price coming from Sony-style....

Sony have a lot to answer for their support and pricing.

All I can say is:- it's a good job the camera was worth the hastle
:roll:
Ardent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:57 PM   #15

I've been trying for two weeks to buy the F32X flash, RMVD1 remote, spare battery and the off camera charger. Usually the first two items are out of stock, the two times they were in stock my password was rejected. By the time they e-mailed me after reregistering and I tried to place the order they were out of stock again. I finally got a Cust Serv rep that had some common sense and he assured me that they would extend my 90 day discount window if I can't get my order by then. Sony support is lame and then so is the camera manual. Oh well tomorrow is another day.
rdegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:02 AM   #16

As I stated in another post reply, while I like the 828 very much I've already decided that my next digital camera will be a SLR from a major camera manufacturer. These all in one cameras with the small sensors have probably pushed the envelope as far as they're going to and still maintain quality images.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 9:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdegro
I've been trying for two weeks to buy the F32X flash, RMVD1 remote, spare battery and the off camera charger. Usually the first two items are out of stock, the two times they were in stock my password was rejected. By the time they e-mailed me after reregistering and I tried to place the order they were out of stock again. I finally got a Cust Serv rep that had some common sense and he assured me that they would extend my 90 day discount window if I can't get my order by then. Sony support is lame and then so is the camera manual. Oh well tomorrow is another day.
On the RM-DV1: To give a UK perspective here, I waited around
2-3 months to get one of these (for my V1). Eventually, it
came, so I was glad I had been patient. This was with hotkit.co.uk
(who I don't blame at all for the delay, I am quite sure it was supply from Sony that was the problem - all the internet outlets were out of stock - hotkit were fine and asked me several times if I wanted to cancel, but I stuck with them, and they eventually delivered (thanks HK).

I am now used to getting delays for any Sony component or accessory that I order over the net ; it just seems to be par for the course. Eventually it comes, and it's almost always worth the wait. just as well for sony though that they have loyal customers. :?

I am hoping that the W1 will have an ACC port to take the remote as well, although I am not all that optimistic, based on the pre-production images I've seen on the web so far.
Montmorency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 7:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montmorency

I am now used to getting delays for any Sony component or accessory that I order over the net ; it just seems to be par for the course. Eventually it comes, and it's almost always worth the wait. just as well for sony though that they have loyal customers. :?
I think a company "earns" a consumers "loyalty" by providing a superior product and providing support after the sale, not just making a quick buck and then forgetting them. Of course in this day and age what company is providing great cutomer support. I switched from Minolta after 20 years because of lack of customer support regarding the DiMage5 digital camera's focusing problem. Another reason that I now advocate buying these unperfected digital cameras from a local dealer who has a liberal return policy. I for one am tired of being a guinea pig at my expense for these companies new products. On the other hand that's what I get for being a early adopter. Never again. Sorry, I didn't mean to go off on diatribe.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 7:04 PM   #19

[quote="Harleyguy"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montmorency

I think a company "earns" a consumers "loyalty" by providing a superior product and providing support after the sale, not just making a quick buck and then forgetting them. Of course in this day and age what company is providing great cutomer support. I switched from Minolta after 20 years because of lack of customer support regarding the DiMage5 digital camera's focusing problem. Another reason that I now advocate buying these unperfected digital cameras from a local dealer who has a liberal return policy. I for one am tired of being a guinea pig at my expense for these companies new products. On the other hand that's what I get for being an early adopter. Never again. Sorry, I didn't mean to go off on diatribe.