Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 13, 2004, 5:37 AM   #1

Default Sony DSC-V1

I have been looking at the DSC-V1 for my next camera. Has anyone used the telephoto or wide angle lens with this camera? What are your impressions of this camera? Is there a better camera that is more portable and has accessories simular to the sony? I travel a lot, and would like a small camera that can do a lot. Thanks 8)
JeepDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2004, 6:47 AM   #2

Default Re: Sony DSC-V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDude
I have been looking at the DSC-V1 for my next camera. Has anyone used the telephoto or wide angle lens with this camera? What are your impressions of this camera? Is there a better camera that is more portable and has accessories simular to the sony? I travel a lot, and would like a small camera that can do a lot. Thanks 8)
The DSC-V1 is a little jewel. It has a tremendous number of features. I've used this camera day and night, tele and wide, its meter is accurate as heck and the lens is tack sharp. A little distortion of buildings at the wide angle, easily fixed in Photoshop. I took this camera to Vegas 3 times in the past few months (I don't gamble, but love the food and the photo ops) and was stunned at the shots. By all means pick one up, price has dopped greatly since I purchased mine.
gekoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2004, 2:26 PM   #3

Default Re Sony V1 add-on lenses

The Sony DSC V1 is indeed an excellent camera. Feature rich, good results and pocket size.

I have tried using several add-on lenses that I bought for earlier digital cameras and obtained mixed results. The main thing to know is that the front of the camera lens moves in and out over a wide range and different add on lenses need to be located in different distances from the camera body. This means you need one adaptor tube for telephoto lenses and a shorter adaptor tube for wide angle lenses. Alternatively you can use step rings to adjust the distance. Above all you must avoid extending the camera lens so that it makes contact with the attached add-on lens.

I found that one particular wide angle lens that gave good results with another camera gave poor results with the V1. If in doubt, dig deep and buy the Sony add-ons.

Regards

Stan
stan ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2004, 2:53 PM   #4

Talking about V1, I wanted to know something...

Is the camera uses only usb 2.0 connectors or I can use normal 1.1 ones?
Kyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 5:37 AM   #5

Hi,

Don't worry about the USB connection. If you have USB 2.0, great all the faster. If you don't, it will use the port on the slower speed.

No matter what, the images will be sent, just at what speed...?

Purpleman
www.purpleman.org
purpleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2004, 7:20 PM   #6

Gokeonig: Which lenses are you using with the V1?

Thanks.
Squizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 3:50 AM   #7

Hello, Sony V1 is a great digitalcamera but hour has piu' of a year of time of construction. To take to a Sony P100 what means to lose in terms of quality regarding the V1? Thanks
robyy is offline   Reply With Quote