Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 18, 2004, 2:56 PM   #1

Default Canon Ixus S500 VS Sony T1

CAn i have some feedback on which is the better camera out of these 2, I have read some off-putting reviews regarding the T1, but have as yet to see anything regarding the Ixus 500.
angelo340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:31 PM   #2

It'll just be a matter of time before Steve posts a Canon S500 review, and he has a T1 review. Here's a URL for a S500 review though: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...ew/index.shtml

Regarding image quality, the S500 does take better shots from the images I've seen, but it depends on your intent. Is the size of a camera the most important feature? If so, the T1 is certainly less bulky in a pocket. Is image quality for making prints the most important? The S500 is probably the better choice. Both would produce good web or email images.

Greg.
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2004, 6:10 AM   #3

Thanks for the response Greg, Infact Image Quality and Size are BOTH important to me, I currently Use a Finepix 303, which takes ok fotos. Im looking 2 upgrade 2 a 5mp camera, which has to be small, look nice and takes gr8 fotos.....The T1 seems to lack quality fotos (or is it the people taking the shots?), The S500's video recording capability is a bit choppy with only 10fps...perhaps i'll just wait to see whats in the pipeline.

Regards
angelo340 is offline   Reply With Quote