Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 15, 2013, 3:24 AM   #1

Default HX20V questions

I just have 2 questions regarding the HX20V:

-For a low light or nighttime setting like a concert, what are some good settings to use? I use the Anti-motion/blur setting in the Scene mode & I get some great shots, but the processing time after snapping each shot is pretty long. Is there an alternate setting I can use that will reduce blur & give quality shots, yet have a less processing time? I just hate having to wait for a shot to process, where I can miss another opportunity to take a good shot.

-To record videos, is there a difference between just pushing the movie button while the camera is set to any mode, and recording videos when the camera is set specifically to Movie mode?

Any tips would be helpful, as I have to take pictures & videos this weekend for an online publication, and I want to make sure I'm maximizing all my options of producing some great quality results.
justagirl2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2013, 4:49 AM   #2

question 2:

movie record hit it in any ANY of the dials, it is the same. if you choose Movie dial then you have the option to set up scene select. no different no matter what or where you hit it.

question 1:

you bought a AUTOMATIC point-n-shoot, that is the beauity of of Sony. By the time you are deciding which and what setting in "P" you missed your shot as well.. Try A-I the green one.

If you do not want to miss a shot, you can record video, and takesnap shots while recording. or you can grab snaps off the recording in editing.

there will always be some delay.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 4:52 PM   #3

not a lively topic, I guess......