Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 9, 2014, 5:35 AM   #1

Default Sony Cyber-Shot DSC WX350

SOny HAs released their line up of the Sony a longtime ago, I owned one, and returned it to get the Sony HX9V. I remember the camera did well, but not enough of the features I was looking for. I wanted better. I also remembered the bat life was good , not great. the size was awesome, but the screen size small.

Today the WX350 is identical and more compact, with a few less features, By researching, from what I can see;
  • 3d setting
  • gps
  • Manual
These are just the few I can think up on the moment. Some of the things the camera has that the HX9, 20 and up do not have;
  • external power for unlimited use
And again at the moment all I can think of.

As my Sony HX20V seen better days, I really do need to replace the camera, and this will probably be what I will replace with, I use panorama, but not 3d, I do go into the Manual occasionally, and I need external power, as I do takes to get things right.

The Sony I have collected spots in the lenses Cmos, and will have to be repaired, opening up, and getting back together lol. In the mean time I will be using my Sony HX9V.

I do like to keep options open, and am looking at the HX400V

What I like in a camera, a camera;
  • High zoom
  • manual control in all settings including MOVIE mode
  • HD1080P and I @ up to 60f.
  • long battery life
  • external power to run the cam while recording
  • compact, we all want that lol
SO I ask, what option are out there that can be offered from a SOny as well other major Brand camera's? Please post below your WX350 stills and video's and your story about why you got one, why I should get one. and the benefits of getting a different model

I am not interested in a 2.6-3.0 optical zoom camera, that will be the RX100, sorry I need to have it all.

Thanks for listening and reading. By the time posts are in here I most likely will be wit ha camera!
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:27 PM   #2

I bit the Bullet, at a to low a price to advertise. It will replace my Sony HX20V. I had no use for manual, and I will be getting the features of a HX50V,sowho's to complain?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:20 AM   #3

I looked for a great deal, and I got one, that as well wins me over on this newer camera. Nw since HD1080 is out and 4K is in, you think they lower more the price, or at least make it 2k.7
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:17 PM   #4

Camera in had, that fast WOW!

I am not happy, like I used to be Lol guess it takes a lot to excite me now a days.

some one told me it cam be external power and camera works off it. NOPE. Big disappointment, in my books. This can not do dual recording and snap photo. unless I miss read something. It is half the thinness of the HX9v OUCH! that is a good thing.

Can not complain. I can say a lot about the cam, just not like it used to be. talking to myself s no fun LMEAO!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:49 PM   #5

My 350 is on the way and I'm looking for suggesrions for a SC card. I mostly just take snap shots, vacation, scenery, critters, auto shows, very little video since I have a HD camcorder. I don't need blinding speed but I do want the best PQ I can get and I do zoom quite a bit along with a few macro shots. What's the best bang for the buck for my use?
inazsully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:24 PM   #6

Sonys Sd card. As long as the speed write is 50mb you are set.

the battery life is outstanding Love it

http://www.amazon.com/Sony32GB-UHS-1...s=sony+sd+card

they are less than that price but an idea. 17.99 at times.

Last edited by fishycomics; Dec 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote