Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 6, 2004, 4:39 PM   #1

Default T1 Full Res & Downsized Album

For anyone who is interested in the Sony T1 I have created an album.

The first picture of each set is downsized and retouched. The second picture of each set is at full resolution and not retouched. Most are 5MP while a few were taken at 3MP.

If you select More Info under a full resolution picture the Exif information will appear.

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft...-4C4B640A77FF}

Frank B
Frank B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2004, 4:56 PM   #2

Hi Frank, Thanks for the link, Its pretty good and definitely allows you 2c the quality of the pics before and after retouching using different cameras (BTW what package are you using for retouching???)..... I WAS interested in purchashing the T1, but the fotos are definitely not so clear, and id imagine the night -time 1's are probably worse?? Perhaps stick with my original idea of the Canon Ixus 500, or wait for something smaller (like T1) to come onto the market.
angelo340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2004, 9:19 PM   #3

Hi,

The detail from the T1 is excellent. I have compared shots taken with my Canon 10D and it is hard to see any difference in resolution (of course, the T1 has more noise due to its tiny sensor). The default setting on the T1 does not sharpen too much. If you set sharpness, contrast and saturation to + the results out of the camera can be stunning (I will be posting some unretouched photos using those settings), although for my taste they are sometimes overdone a bit.

I have not used it for night photography, but as it does not have a tripod mount there would be too much camera shake for good results, except if you were able to rest it on something.

It operates very fast for a prosumer 5MP camera so you are less likely to miss that smile.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 8:01 PM   #4

I forgot. I use Photoshop CS.