Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 8, 2004, 9:06 AM   #1

Default V2 in July???

I was reading on another message board that the successor to the V1 could be anounced mid summer this year most likely July 04. I am just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this. Im not sure they are really going to because of having the W1 being put out a few months before it but anythings possible.
dappsplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2004, 10:19 AM   #2
KMS

I havn't heard anything about a new release to the V1 but July would be a logical time for Sony to introduce an updated model. Hopefully it will be smaller!! In my opinion the W1 and V2 models will appeal to different people, so releasing them about the same time could make sense. If I can wait as long as July to purchase a digicam (assuming an update to the 10D doesn't come out before then) I may look at the V2 as well.

Ken
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 10:55 AM   #3

Looks like it, the V1 dropped its price to around USD500 (with extra 128MB memory stick) from USD600 (with only standard 32MB stick) in just one week...couldn't resist the price and bought.
Buckrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2004, 8:41 AM   #4

Default what I would like to see....

a more powerful nightshot mode... one that has a longer range.... also if possible a way to get color nightshots withouth the flash (maybe by combining IR and UV photography and interpolating the color data... or are there some camcorders that do this that Sony could apply the technology (if it exists) to the stills?)
a price < $650 USD
at least a 10x zoom range (for example 35mm to 350mm), a longer telephoto range, like for example 500mm preferred though
4 or 5 megapixel on a sensor size at least 1/1.8" (2/3" preferred)
comparable size to the V1 (may be a bit bigger because of the lens and sensor, but DEFINITELY smaller than the F828)
IS
low-light AF assist lamp
takes compact flash (if price is jacked up as high as $800, comes with at least 2GB)
uses AA batteries (comes with at least 2 sets of 2200mAh rechargeables)
movie mode on which you can use the optical zoom and record sound while taking movies
pianoplayer88key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2004, 10:00 AM   #5

Default Re: what I would like to see....

Also sprach "pianoplayer88key":
[...]
>4 or 5 megapixel on a sensor size at least 1/1.8" (2/3" preferred)
>comparable size to the V1 (may be a bit bigger because of the >lens and sensor, but DEFINITELY smaller than the F828)
[...]

Add:

A handgrip (a la Canon G5 :twisted: ) (so it's not going to get smaller, but...):
Completely retracting lens (a la W1 :? ) (so it should still slip into a generous-sized pocket).
F2 max aperture (a la G5 again )
Optional black body
Montmorency is offline   Reply With Quote