Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 15, 2004, 11:26 PM   #1

Default F828 memory question

Is it possible to take pictures on the MemoryStick then transfer them to a larger-slower CompactFlash?

This could come in handy with the cheaper 2Gig CF storage devices. However they can be slow to record. I would like to take pictures on the faster MS then transfer them to the CF when I have time.

Anyone know if this is possible?
RubberDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2004, 8:50 AM   #2

Default F828 Memory Question

You cannot copy images between memory media within the camera. This info can be found on page 21 of the manual. You should be able to copy to different media using a card reader and a PC. Hopefully this is helpful, however it may not be the result you seek.
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2004, 7:08 PM   #3

Not the answer I was looking for... But I do appreciate the reply.

One more.... Can you have both in the camera at the same time and choose which one?
RubberDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2004, 8:23 AM   #4

Default Sony 828 memory

Yes, you can have a memory stick and a CF card or micro drive in the camera at the same time - I do that all the time. The access switch there on the back of the camera determines which media type is active. What's nice here is that you can have a 1 GIG memory stick and one of those 4 GIG micro drives in the camera for a total of 5 GIGs of storage. When you fill one up, you just flip the little switch back there and you are good to go with the other storage device.
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2004, 6:47 PM   #5

I do a lot of shooting away from any mains power source, so having a large amount of storage space is crucial.
My prefered method of transfering shoots whilst 'out in the open' is to take with me, not my heavy notebook, but my Archos AV380 Multimedia device.

This way, not only have I the means to transfer pictures direct from the camera to the Archos without a mains power, but it's extremely light, small and at the end of the day not only can you view the pictures taken using the Archos's screen but you can cable it to a TV and watch a movie recorded using the Archos or listen to MP3 & WMA music too to pass the time away.
Ardent is offline   Reply With Quote