Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:02 PM   #1

Default Sony RX10 lll Photos

Here's a few shots from my Sony RX10 lll. All hand-held, no cropping.

1. Black-crowned Night Heron

2. Captive Waldrapp Ibis

3. California Sea Otter

4.Western Gull

5. California Scrub Jay
Tony Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:37 AM   #2
JR1

Is there a point you are trying to make. "All hand-held, no cropping" and saying the camera make but not the lens focal length used for the shot.

They are nice shots, but, same could be achieved with almost any similar camera.

I assume you are shooting at about f4 judging by the background, and all fairly close shots, could be a wildlife park/zoo at say 1/500th to 1/600th of a second

Not taking anything away from the nice images, in any way, were you saying that the camera is now better than you have used before or that you are getting better at using it

The camera looks nice, I may consider something like it for keeping in the car as there are times when I don't want to carry much gear with me.

https://www.facebook.com/JRSPhotography.co.uk

Last edited by JR1; Oct 22, 2017 at 5:41 AM.
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
Is there a point you are trying to make. "All hand-held, no cropping" and saying the camera make but not the lens focal length used for the shot.

They are nice shots, but, same could be achieved with almost any similar camera.

I assume you are shooting at about f4 judging by the background, and all fairly close shots, could be a wildlife park/zoo at say 1/500th to 1/600th of a second

Not taking anything away from the nice images, in any way, were you saying that the camera is now better than you have used before or that you are getting better at using it

The camera looks nice, I may consider something like it for keeping in the car as there are times when I don't want to carry much gear with me.

Hello JR1,

"All hand-held, no cropping" indicates that a tripod was not necessary to capture a detailed image when using this camera at or near the long end of the zoom, nor was a crop required to achieve a portrait style presentation with the images I've posted here.

As far as my current collection of cameras are concerned, which includes the Canon SX50 and Nikon P610, I'm noticing that the Sony has the best image quality in terms of detail and focusing response time, especially in low-light. These are purely subjective observations as I've no desire to measure the comparitive qualities between my cameras in any scientific manner as you might read in a magazine review.

Speaking of "non-scientific," I only shoot JPEG and make adjustments to camera settings solely based upon what I desire in a particular image and confirm in the viewfinder, which are images that usually favor the darker end of the exposure spectrum. I strongly favor artistic license over accuracy in my photography. Any resultant camera setting from f-stop to shutter speed is purely coincidental to what I want in the final image, never intentional.

Wishing you Happy Photography with any and all cameras you use!

P.S. Really enjoyed your website and would love to visit the UK some day! I had a full page photo of a Snowy Egret published a few issues ago in "Digital Photographer UK" magazine issue 189, which was taken with a very tired and old Canon SX40!

Best regards,

Tony
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:50 AM   #4

I hope you'll enjoy these wonderful creatures. As usual, hand-held, no cropping.

1. California Sea Lion

2. Great Blue Heron

3. Rock Pigeon

4. California Sea Otter

5. Great Egret
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:32 PM   #5

several new additions here, which I hope you'll enjoy:

https://tonybritton.smugmug.com/Other/Sony-DSC-RX10M3/

Tony