Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 7, 2002, 8:22 AM   #1

Default Self Timer on sony dsc-f505v

I have just bought a new sony dsc-f505v camera and taken some great pics. Does anyone have any idea then why when I try to use the self timer the picture is always blurred and is there a way to get overcome this.

thanks

trev eden
treveden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2002, 1:02 AM   #2

Default Timer

What is the subject matter when using the self timer? I'm assuming portrait shots that include you? It should be focusing correctly if so, but if you have a group of people, it could be aiming in-between two people.

To overcome this, there are two options. Either of course have one person pretty much dead-center in the frame, or better, use the 505V's manual focus feature, and pre-focus the camera first, then set the self timer. That way you're set no matter what the subject is, and where it (or they) are placed in the photo.

Greg
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote