Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 1, 2002, 11:29 PM   #1

Default Buying F707 tommorow. What do I need??

Well, gonna buy the F707 tommorow and wondering what I need. I know the larger memory stick.

Do I need to get a mem stick reader/writer to transfer my pics? Never had a digi cam before so have no clue on how these things work.

Do I just plug the USB into the camera and then into the USB port on my PC to transfer pics?

Anything else that I forgot that you think I should know also?

Thanks Matt
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2002, 11:26 AM   #2

The new updated replacement for the 707 has just been anounced, perhaps you want to wait for it to buy it?
TheeBadOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2002, 7:24 AM   #3

Default USB

you can indeed 'just' plug in the 707 in one of your USB-pors (by aid of a cable of course). however, I do prefer the operation via my reader. It goes faster and is definitively easier to move files from (and even to) it.
newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 10:45 AM   #4

Also usefull I think:

- extra batterie
- 128 mb memorystick (gives u 51 photo's in highest res.)
- UV filter (mainly to protect your cameralens)
- camera bag, original Sony bag is nice but little expensive.

Hope it helps a bit
DutchDelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 4:24 AM   #5

Default accesoires sony 707

If you dicide to buy the 707;

I have one 128mb stick. Cause i can borrow more from a friend with same sony. For long trips/vacation you surely need more mem than 128mb.

I use my usb on the pc. It goes allright and downloading 128mb takes about 2-3min. Just plug the camera in the pc.

With some accu-management the battery last very long. I have not made the decision yet to buy one extra. So far, i did not need one.

Tele conversion lens? IF<, Buy a good one of high quality.
fterhaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 9:24 PM   #6

I use a polarizer versus a uv filter for my 707, so recommend that one instead. Don't know where you live, but I would make sure the camera bag is water proof.
Also, hopefully you are paying less than $1000 for it since the 717 was announced.
SilverCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2002, 9:21 PM   #7

Bought it. I paid $699, $35 for a Sony camera bag that had an extra battery that came with it a + since batterys are $60 themselves, 128mb stick for $55 and a mem stick read/write for $20 . I bought it at a local high end electronics place where a buddy works so he cut the prices down for me. Plus I got a 5yr waranty on it.

Its my first camera ever and don't really see the need for the 717, plus the extra money I would have to pay for it. I basically bought it for my salt water reef tank, but of course will use it on everthing else.

I really like it. It is very easy to use, and the menu is very easy to navigate and figure out.

Here is a macro shot i took, not the best but since I don't have a tripod(yet) and its a right out of the box shot, I figure it ain't bad.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 10:21 PM   #8

Besides, if I feel the need. I have 30 days to return it and buy the F717 since I see its coming out next month.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:08 AM   #9

Default great

Great picture matt.
Nice blue.
Sony camera's like when they are in the hands off people that knows what to do with it.
Place some pict on www.photosig.com
Greetings Fillip
fterhaar is offline   Reply With Quote