Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 7, 2002, 5:18 PM   #11

Default 707

yes we all know about the small cap memory sticks, but forget about all that memory stick stuff and look @ the BA (brite angel) compared side by side with the Foveon!!! That other site has 2 pics from the 717 and Sigma Foveon for your viewing pleasure. All I will say is that The mighty Sony holds up well.
binddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2002, 6:42 PM   #12

as things go, looking at an image on a screen is no comparison. when printing a foveon image will put all of our 5mp cameras to shame for detail and size. there is just more info there. sorry thats just a plain fact. cmos based systems, foveon canon and kodak, are so far ahead by design and results. don't delude yourself, neither one of our cameras measure up.

it's not that ours are bad. those are just that much better

this is a whole new generation of product and resolution.

[Edited on 10-7-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2002, 1:14 AM   #13

I bet it is going to be a hard task to recognise the print outs of Sony F707 and similar 5mgp cameras. At least to recognise which of the listed cameras made the shot.

I would state that the best camera is always the one you own. Specially when it's F707.

[Edited on 8-10-2002 by CEBEP]

[Edited on 8-10-2002 by CEBEP]
CEBEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2002, 12:01 PM   #14

don't think so in maybe 8x10 but after that it is as easy as telling black from white. as the size goes up the pixals begin to become more evident at 13x19 the information on our sensors without some software massaging(genuine fractels) start to get a little "grainy". they start to show their true little square nature. foveon is cmos based and just plain packs more image info for higher res blow ups. each individual color is covered instead of interpolated from the grid.

now this is not to say our 8x10 won't be beautiful. it's just that the limits are there for us and on the foveon there higher.

your brand loyalty is commendable. i lost that after shooting for almost 30 years.

[Edited on 10-8-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2002, 2:56 AM   #15

thanks for valuable comments. appreciate it.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 9:23 PM   #16

Just wait for Dataplay to come out
Nox Noctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2002, 11:29 AM   #17

Default Re: 707 the best prosumer camera...

Who cares? Thera are digital wallets available, you know... [/quote]
anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2002, 8:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimos
Yes, sony makes great stuff, but why try to push that stooopid little memory stick on us? That's my only problem, THE STOOOPID LITTLE MEMORY STICK!. Imagine if every company had their own storage device... 129 different storage devices! Holy krap, let's have some reason and common sense here!
Absolutely. I hate SONY! I always have. ..no sarcasm here. ..If you look at the pros vs. the cons and want one of the best digital cameras under $2,000.00 U.S. you have no choice.. There are no unintelligent people over there just smart business men. If they didn't have a better product they couldn't pull this B.S.. but they do.
bryan661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2002, 10:26 PM   #19

I find the fact that sony doesn't offer more memory options on their cameras quite irritating. Having said that the memory stick is actually a nifty little device. It is the smallest/sturdiest memory option, making it ideal for use in the PDA. It is also one of the fastest. Given a choice I would buy a ms if they had enough memory. Unfortunately they don't making my f717 purchase questionable at best. A great product, but nothing to store my photos on.
priapos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2002, 12:31 AM   #20

Well, have to say that SD cards are not the best either. Max capacity 512 mb (Panasonic) costs in a range of $560,-
Then comes CF I and II. Nice format indeed. Good storage devise. Upto 1gb (if your camera supports it). However, Sony made MS format not only to suit the need of storage for digital cameras, but for cellular ohones, MP3 players, which has the limitations in size. Can you imagin the mobile phone with CF slot for MP3?

Furthermore, SONY anounced the new storage devices to come upto 5GB per MS with same size. So we have to wait the new MSs to come. It's just because SONY guys did not work on increasing the capacity of MS much, these cards already for years has 128mb max which I agree far not enough.