Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 4, 2004, 3:40 PM   #1

I was set to buy the V1 until I saw the W1. The W1 has a larger LCD, but the lens seems not as good as the V1's. The V1 also seems to have more manual control. Any thoughts??
rtgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2004, 9:31 PM   #2

rtgriff wrote:
Quote:
I was set to buy the V1 until I saw the W1. The W1 has a larger LCD, but the lens seems not as good as the V1's. The V1 also seems to have more manual control. Any thoughts??

Frankly, if you _really_ like to be in control, I don't think the W1 is going to cut it. This is why I'm glad I already have a V1. However, I plan to get a W1 or W12 in due course, and I have a feeling I will end up using it much more, because for most of the time, full manual control is not that important to me.

If it really _is_ important to you, then that might influence your decision.

It really does seem to be more of a P+S than the V1 (and no ISO 800 BTW), but having said that, I think it is going to be a rather impressive P+S.

Large LCD: I've just been re-reading the thread on the breaking LCDs on the T1. I wonder if the large LCD on the W1 is also prone to this, especially as it is supposed to be more pocketable than the V1. hm...

(at least the W12 has a leather case...)
Montmorency is offline   Reply With Quote